The Layonara Community > General Discussion

Rping poison

(1/5) > >>

pulindar:
a thought maybe we should come up with a new forum for RPing because i have seen alot about it here and i just might help
this topic is about RPing poison making. Poison is evil and sneaky anyone who does it should have a bad reputation if your trying to be good or nice you shouldn't be doing it unless your trying to find an antidote, im not saying who to limit it to, just saying people might want to limit themselfs.  also anyone whoes in the top ten on poison making should have a bad reputation and be distrusted just like i feel most drow should start off at least being distrusted.  I don't think people should just be accepting poison making as ussual its not a nice thing and its sneaky read it description.  At first i thought that it was just plain normal and didn't like the restriction but ive learned a bit from people on this server and thought to let others know about how it seems to me.  I met someone whoes on the poison list, not naming who, but they seemed to be trying to act as though they were a good guy poison makers aren't good guys maybe a TN acn experiment, never get over level 1 in it, but anyone who gets higher is definitly leaning twards chaotic and towards evil.  Please just don't RP it as normal in the CNR poison thread they were suggesting making it illegal i think thats a great idea also offer rewards for anyone on the top five of the list if you do that. and good characters you should try to avoid poison makers CG less than the other two because he can understand it a bit but he should still be strongly against it.  These are all just my opinions feel free to comment on them any way you wish my feelings won't be hurt just try to keep this a bit on topic.

Vyris:
Hmmm, I disagree on your perception of poison as evil. Poison is a tool, nothing more. This is akin to the handgun debate here in the USA, I am still of the belief that guns don't kill people, people do. I'll give an example that U used just last night, my character Bidwick is walking through the craft hall and notices another character whom he knows and respects crafting poisons, He talks to the character for a while, because he needed information that the other character knew. They converse about the poison making for a while, and Bidwick asserts his beliefs. Bidwick is NG, as far as I feel about NG vs. poison making I RP it as I stated above, it's not the tool, it's the use.

Swords kill far more things in any given day than poison does, yet some of the most holy paladins use swords to great effect. Anyway. theres my two coins.

Vyris

pulindar:
hey just thought of this how about making the rewards, if you make rewards for catching poison makers, about 1000 per level of poison making that they have maybe 500 per level.  that would make people really want to catch poison makers and turn them in it would also make it so that it'd be a bit harder to find them though because it would be secret don't use the charts just use people talking about it and they have to have a good reason for how they found out so and so was a poison maker.  Naturally because this wasn't there when some people started making poison they may be removed if they want to have their poison xperience taken away.  btw the 500 per level is minus 1 level so people aren't turning in level 1's.  make the improvements suggested in the CNR forum and then do the illegal and reward thing that way its worth it.  I know it will be a while before this happens but i just thought putting the idea out now would be good.  Btw that guard thing where people may join the guard of the city that someone was talking about might help with this you could send a group of guards to patrol the area looking for suspicious people naturally they couldn't go to where the poison was mae but they could watch for people who collect it from spiders. just another thought.

edit : Btw the people catching someone would need DM supervision and a way to catch the person without killing them we only want live people caught

pulindar:
i feel it is more caotic than evil but i also do feel it leans on the evil side.  caotic because its a sneaky way to hurt someone in battle.  My TN cleric of Dorand wouldn't use poison because he is straight forward when he fights as Dorand is, but a TN cleric of Baraeon Ca'Duz would use it because Baraeon likes poison.  
as for evil its a dasturdly thing to do put poison on your blade and then sneak up and use it on someone.  Many a Paladin goes rushing into battle with his sword drawn and ready to kill evil but he also is being obvious about his sword being drawn and how he's going to attack he doesn't come in and strike with a sword that has a bonus on it just to torture his enemy.  which is what poison does in the game at the moment lowers your stats which is a lot like torture,  I also feel its evil because look at the creatures that gvie poison they're spiders Spiders are only liked by the Lord of spiders Baraeon, and Baraeon is argueably the most evil diety out there he's NE.  For other reasons ask L i figure he's the one who decided to make it limited in the first place

Thanks for posting here i do like what you said but i had to say my opinion for the subject please give more examples on how it's not evil and refute mine if we discuss this with an open mind then we may be able to come to a firm agreement on wether or not it is evil, but please do you agree that it's caotic?

OneST8:
Sorry but I don't think Layonara will turn into a police state. I for one will certainly do whatever I can to prevent that.

As already stated above: poison doesn't kill people, people kill people.

If your logic were to be used IRL then anyone who bought standard houshold cleaning materials (like bleech, comet and such) would be classified as "potential wrong-doers" because they have all the materials to make explosives. Heck you can make a thermite bomb with simple store-bought materials (and no I'm not going to tell anyone how I know this or how to do it either).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version