The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Scrolls  (Read 214 times)

HooD!uM

Scrolls
« on: June 18, 2005, 10:56:00 pm »
i have a cleric/rouge character..but when i use a summon creature scroll its rolls for magic device...is this a bug..i though clerics and mages could use these scrolls without that skill?...

GhostWhoWalks

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
RE: Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:14:00 pm »
Depends on if it's a divine or arcane scroll, and possibly what level it is.

You should be able to use divine scrolls that you are able to cast.

HooD!uM

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:33:00 pm »
yeah well i tried it with a cure light wounds spell and same thing...thou i tried again at a later time with an endurance scroll and it worked fine

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 12:13:00 am »
theres a slight bug where if youre a spellcaster/rogue and try to use a scroll it will use your UMD even though you should be able to use it without making a UMD check.  I think I remember Steve having that problem with buppi when she was a cleric.

vgn

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 12:17:00 am »
Yes, Sago has that problem. If you you are a rogue and a caster. The NWN engine gets confused because it was coded to look at things in the wrong order. It sees you have UMD and applies that skill when you try and use the scroll. It should first notice Sago is a cleric and let him cast the cleric scrolls with no check. It doesn't though, all scrolls are lumped in and use the UMD skill.

steverimmer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 01:18:00 am »
Yes its a bug...I remember Buppi when she was level 18 and a level 11 cleric not being able to use a cure light wounds scroll because of this :)

HooD!uM

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »
is there anyway of fixing this for layo GM team?