The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Server Down?  (Read 1026 times)

Dorax Windsmith

Server Down?
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:59 am »
It's been about 1.5 hours and keep getting the server not responding "timed out" message. 

cbnicholson

4 hours after Dorax's post. 
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:09:31 pm »

4 hours after Dorax's post.  Still timing out for myself.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Dorax Windsmith

I've already sent a PM to
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:37:22 am »

I've already sent a PM to Orth to reset the server as he suggested yesterday.  The rest of this post is for informational purposes. 

I'm getting the same messages about the server not responding "timed out" again.  Also, I'm a little concerned about my character vault as well.  The first time I tried to log-in, I got all the way to my vault screen but it was empty, I waited a few seconds thinking maybe I had some lag/connection issue, then cancelled and tried to log back in.  Ever since then, I am getting the server not responding message.  After seeing Lord Cove and Charm's posts about character issues, I'm worried that my characters are somehow deleted or corrupted too.  Seems like there may be a larger issue here and it may be that more than just the 3 of us are affected (or infected as the case may or may not be).  Anyway, appreciate any help I could get about the server and my characters, thanks.  I'll post in the disputes forum about my character vault as well.

mixafix

server was up and running
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:05:41 am »

server was up and running fine here today. So if you cannot see it then it may be another issue as you suggest.

xsweetpeaxs

Ummmm... I just tried to log
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 03:45:44 am »

Ummmm... I just tried to log on and I do not see my Esme character. I hope all is well.

Dorganath

Esme is unfortunately one of
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »

Esme is unfortunately one of the corrupted characters we have discovered (as well as those reported by others and one that hasn't yet been reported) since these server problems started. It is unclear yet (and may not be clear) whether the corruption was caused by the server problems or the other way around.

We don't yet have anything to offer in terms of resolution, but something to that effect should be coming shortly.

Bear with us!

Dorax Windsmith

Any update on returning the
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

Any update on returning the characters with errors in them?  If we think we may just have to restart/rebuild them, I for one would prefer to get started sooner rather than later and I'm not too concerned about having someone do a ton of research to make an exact restoration, a reasonable restoration to level is fine with me.  I'll be happy to start over on crafting and equipment that isn't easily verifiable.  Whatever the least amount of work for the team is good with me.

Rowana

Hey Dorax,Yeah, there's more
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 12:10:48 pm »

Hey Dorax,

Yeah, there's more info coming and hopefully soon but it's being impacted heavily by day jobs and other such responsibilites. Hopefully very soon!

~row

Teo

Yea, one of my chars
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 12:33:36 pm »

Yea, one of my chars disappeared last night (Garadel) and now it says that the server is offline?