The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sever Found. Attempting to Login.  (Read 1067 times)

Mooneyes

Sever Found. Attempting to Login.
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:54:27 am »
I just reinstalled NWN and when I try to login I can't connect to the Master server but I can get to the server list.  When I try to log on to Layo it says it found the server and is atempting to log in but it just sits there.   Is there something I can do or what?

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

Ravemore

Re: Sever Found. Attempting to Login.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 11:59:26 am »
My system started doing the same thing two days ago. I just wait for a few seconds longer than I usually would and it connects and lets me in. Sometimes it takes 10 to 20 more than usual. Not sure why it's doing that though... Probably not the most helpful of comments, sorry. :)

Mooneyes

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:04:43 pm »
Okay..gonna try this again...I have let it set there for 10 min or longer...**sighs**

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
I couldn't log in from my laptop last night either.  I could from the desktop, but not the lappy.  I think it just has to do with the master server being down.

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:26:14 pm »
That shouldn't have any incidence but if it does happens, try the direct ip connect.

Mooneyes

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »
What is the ip adderss for Central then west?

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »
Central: 64.15.70.106:5122
West: 64.15.70.106:5121

Masterjack

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 02:49:17 pm »
xora.layonara.com:5121 for west
xora.layonara.com:5122 for central

It can also be found in LORE
LORE: Portalling

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 02:52:10 pm »
Quote from: Masterjack
xora.layonara.com:5121 for west
xora.layonara.com:5122 for central

It can also be found in LORE
LORE: Portalling

didn't know that format worked. I always went by the IP instead, when I needed to direct connect.

Mooneyes

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 02:58:25 pm »
**sighs** Neither worked.  Could it be a firewall problem? I'am skiddish about this because I haven't mess with since my uninslall. I'm up for all suggestions.

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »
Hmmm... What firewall are you using? But since you are seeing the servers listing, I'm not sure.

You should open  your firewall/router and make sure you have an exception set for the game with the following ports;    5120-5300, 6500, 6667, 27900, 28900  

Port Forwarding Guides for Neverwinter Nights - PortForward.com

Follow these instruction, the page is already set for neverwinter night. Just find your router.

Mooneyes

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 03:28:22 pm »
Thank you guys....I am working on all of these and I am still having the same issue.  I guess I will try again after the 4th of July weekend cause I'll be leaving for the Gulf. Cheers

Angie

Dezza

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 05:35:21 am »
Having exactly the same issues here except only 1 PC will allow my family or I to log into Layo, the other two wont go through.

Interesting thing is that those two PC's can access other nwn servers just not Layonara so even though master server is down Im thinking its Layonara issue and since so many others are having the same problem all of a sudden it could be the case.

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 06:44:30 am »
That's what I've come to conclude yesterday throughout helping Mooneyes with her problem, as I had her logged in others server and she was able to do it, just not with Layo servers.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »
Looks like you need to have been logged into Layonara with the given CDKey (and playername?) previous to the Master Server going down to be able to access the server.

Masterjack

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 01:54:02 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
Looks like you need to have been logged into Layonara with the given CDKey (and playername?) previous to the Master Server going down to be able to access the server.

Now that makes sense to me and why I never have a problem. I only use one account and CD key.

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 04:36:03 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman

cdkey's are not tied to an account. Ie someone can use an other computer that has the game on and log in with his account name/password and play on a server. Then go back home and play again with his account.

That would prevent her from getting into other servers, which she was able to do. Just can't log in on Layo. Maybe a reboot of the server machines would clear up her problem.

Dorganath

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 06:31:45 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
cdkey's are not tied to an account. Ie someone can use an other computer that has the game on and log in with his account name/password and play on a server. Then go back home and play again with his account.

That would prevent her from getting into other servers, which she was able to do. Just can't log in on Layo. Maybe a reboot of the server machines would clear up her problem.

Not entirely true.

A few Bioware updates ago, they added some features to enhance security to guard against people trying to spoof logins and things...a rare happening but one that has happened.  With these changes, the game server keeps a list of account-to-CDKey (public portion only) associations and uses that for authentication when the Master Server is down.  Any time a player/CDKey combination is authenticated against the master server, an entry is made. If one already exists between an account and a different CDKey, that entry is replaced.  It works fine in most cases where there's a Master Server outage, but typically the Master Server does not stay down for this length of time.

So what I believe is happening here is that some of you with only one PC and one CD key are having no problems.  Those of you who log in from different PCs with potentially different CD Keys are having issues because you may or may not have signed on from an alternate PC within a certain window of time before the Master Server went down are having issues because the alternate CD key cannot be authenticated.

To that end, I have relaxed our settings that involve the Master Server, and I have rebooted the servers for good measure to be sure the settings take effect.

Hellblazer

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »
Thanks dorg, hopefully that will help Mooneyes and the others.

Chazzler

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »
And thread hijack!

Any idea why the master server is down?
Is this related to that hacking of Bioware's website?

anything