The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sophos  (Read 543 times)

Dremora

Sophos
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:29 am »
Thanks to the release of Sophos' update that ended up thinking everything (including itself) was spyware; otherwise known as the Shh B-Updater issue, several of my systems have been quaranteened and no longer work properly. The fix they provided may have eventually stopped sophos' continued malfunctions but it has not fixed the damage done. NWN is one of my affected programs and now has stopped working altogether.
So basically I do not know when I will be back in game; could be tomorrow, could be weeks, Im not sure so if I miss any quests im expected on. Apologies but until I find a way to fix the damage, I won't be around.

The following users thanked this post: ShiffDrgnhrt, Lance Stargazer

Alatriel

Re: Sophos
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:59 am »
Hopefully you'll fix it soon!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:48 am »
Erk, that really stinks. I'd be miffed.

Dremora

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:38:02 pm »
I hope they shoot the Norton idiots that took over the company and screwed everybody over. My only response is a *CENSORED!* to their "apologises for any inconvenience caused and give full assurance there will be an investigation"

Dremora

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:11:07 am »
Well after having cleaned out the items in quarantine and having cleaned up a Malware program I found hiding in Documents and Setting's Temp section. My attempts to log in to NWN remain the same. I log in, screen goes black, mouse appears and shortly after so does an error message saying it encountered a problem with an option to send error reports to Microsoft.
I looked through the tech report and the files that seem to be mentioned are also located in the Temporary folder with a random serial designation (the file is different everytime) but what the have in common is the _appcompat.txt attached at the end.
Anyone have any idea what that is because my current conclusion is that malware messed up the game or is interferring with it and I need to remove the whole thing and reinstall?

anything