The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Speculation  (Read 916 times)

Ar7

Speculation
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:58:47 am »
Since the first official topic about NWN2 and Layonara is out and we know that Layo will go on into the future, let us speculate a bit. Those of you who have played one character for a long time - months, maybe years - what character are you going to start on January 1st? Will he be just like your old one or an absolute opposite, what class will he be etc?

Belecthor

• View Profile
    Re: Speculation
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:31:05 am »
    >> Ar7.

I´ve been playin some here. On n off for like a year I guess. Ive been playin a cleric/fighter. It sure has its advantages but abit narrow... Hack n slash kinda figure. I grew tired of him, mainly though because I ´m lookin forward to NWN2, and have been for some time. Before Layo Ive played the singleplayer modules and some multiplayer aswell but since Layo I just cant go back to the single mod if u know what I mean...

I have an attraction for the dark side of NWN and will surely play a char of "evil" deity... But then again Im thinkin of a druid...

So my best guess is Im gonna join as some kinda misanthrope anyways... Probobly as I stated a druid but maybe an arcaneist of some kind...

minerva

RE: Speculation
    « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:56:07 am »
    Definitely another Bard. A chance to "fix" some of the errors I made in Kat's development would be great. Will do another wizard as well. Not to sure on the cleric and fighter types.

SuperMunch

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:59:07 am »
    If I had to start over...

Another bard, no doubt about it.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
      • Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 04:34:35 am »
    I've had some ideas in mind.  Pole-arm specializing human barbarian (the idea somewhat ported from my Diablo II days, but he has a story, really!), brownie healer, maybe a ranger-type since NWN2 would be the 3.5 ruleset and combat style for archery would rock.  But the crowning jewel in my plans is the Sorc/Wiz.  Yes, that's right, I'm going to do the unthinkable and see how it works. ;)

Faldred

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 04:48:06 am »
    I'm having great fun with Zug... he's a bit simple (in many ways), but fun nevertheless.  But, I'd probably want to try something different so that I'm not just playing the "same character" in a new setting.  If I were to play another half-giant (even though ECL 3 is a hard obstacle), I'd switch it up a bit and go for a HG cleric -- it should be possible, especially if I plan to take CHA increases for the first few stat bumps.

My next fighter-type will likely be a duel-wielding, swashbuckling, brash sort of fellow who will be steered toward the duelist PrC.

ZeroVega

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 05:12:20 am »
    Well, I've only played two characters for any length of time. A Ranger and a Wizard. I don't think I'd go back to Ranger, if I ever went that direction I'd go Druid (but not likely). I really enjoyed playing a Wizard and would like another go at playing one, so that's on my list. And chances are good that I'll go Cleric. I've been wanting to really RP a Class for a while.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 05:26:10 am »
    She would be an elf.. ah rogue.. Shadowdancer? *nods slightly* Sounds about right.
      In truth though, I've been spending days writing up Lal's ecdq submit. The thought of not having her to play, really scares me. So, I'm just happy that I've at least got another 8 months here :)
      ((before I need to worry about Lalaith haveing a daugher *snickers*))
      -LV

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:11:12 am »
    speaking of offspring, that's been one of the debates in my mind.  To carry on the Norseman legacy or let it die with Cole and start anew.  Either way, it will definitely be a whole new character, as Cole's offspring will likely have his wanderlust, but not necessarily his affinity for swinging a sword.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:27:15 am »
    Ar7 - 4/25/2006 3:58 AM Since the first official topic about NWN2 and Layonara is out and we know that Layo will go on into the future, let us speculate a bit. Those of you who have played one character for a long time - months, maybe years - what character are you going to start on January 1st? Will he be just like your old one or an absolute opposite, what class will he be etc?
     I'm glad you asked :)
      The one character that I will NOT play is a paladin. It was a fun experiance and while I still enjoy playing Michaelis - particularly with all the recent Toranish events going on - I feel I'm far better at playing more "nature" oriented characters. The race will most likely be elvin, the class either a ranger or cleric of Kithairein. He (it will be a he probably but who knows) will be chaotically aligned - perhaps CN aligned or CG aligned. I'm in debate in whether making a"dark ranger" in the sense of a drowranger specialized in underdarkfeats(i.e. favored enemy - underdark enemies, an animal companiontypical of underdark, etc...) or your typical nature surface elvin ranger. So there you have it- the basics. When submitting this - a long longways from now - you canexpect an extremely detailed bio :)

Shadowblade225

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:32 am »
    minerva - 4/25/2006 6:56 AM Definitely another Bard. A chance to "fix" some of the errors I made in Kat's development would be great. Will do another wizard as well. Not to sure on the cleric and fighter types.

Also for myself - not to sound powergamey but I had no idea how to create a paladin and sadly Michaelis is extremely weakly built (i.e. he's got the prowess of someone 5 lvls below him). No more multiclassing for the character I wish to play, yet I will still tailor his feats, stats, etc... to his background, not to make him as tough as possible. This will require considerable planning before I even play him.

SuperMunch

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 06:31:45 am »
    Coles offspring with Addison?

Oh. my. gourd.

*gags*

jjkolb

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 06:36:28 am »
    *winks at Shadowblade* The one character that I WILL play is a paladin. It's all I know. Maybe a descendant of Klaug (if that will be allowed by the Team).

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 06:39:15 am »
    You better hope it's with Addison.  At least then it'd be human.  *snickers*

Ar7

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 06:48:39 am »
    Interesting answers, I am confused myself

I will most likely play a wizard, but I have certain ideas for a druid, ranger, rogue, monk......it's so ... hard to choose a class, especially after having played one character for over three years (by Jan 1)

SuperMunch

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 06:52:59 am »
    It'll be fun - no matter which way the wind blows.  :)

But nine months is A LONG way off so I'll just wait, reload gaming sites to see if more news on NWN2 and see.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:05:19 am »
    The return of Mith! hey, he is an Elf. he could live that long!

Blackguy

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 07:08:29 am »
    I will definately play another dwarf again. I'd like to correct some mistakes i made with gotak along the feats I took, and a whole lot of other stuff. And I'd properly play a figther again, I like this role and I dont have to buff :D But Ray stole my idea about a brownie healer, I'd like to make a focus battlehealer with a brownie. I kinda have one already in this world, just dont have the time to play with him.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 07:13:38 am »
    Cleric all the way... Made no mistakes on the dev but a few RPing things...
    May just make a clone of celgar with a diffrent name or have Celgy as an old man slowly waiting till the sweet kiss of death :)

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
      • Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 07:20:08 am »
    I'm not sure I'd play Yardislan again, even if elf characters were given the option.  It just wouldn't be the same.  Besides, I have so many other things I want to try anyway... the druid "ultimate predator"... maybe play Yard's missing brother finding his way back to Layonara after being plucked free from the Gray Waste (it'd explain his lack of class levels anyway, heheh..) give that monk character that I played for a day and a half another try... the possibilities are endless.

anything