The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stepping Down from GM'ing  (Read 776 times)

twidget658

Stepping Down from GM'ing
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:45:15 am »
Well folks, it has come that time for me to step down from being a GM. Thanks to L and the team for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of the team.

I have been on this server for over five years now and GM'ed for the last year or so of it between deployments. It was definitely interesting to see how the server operated behind the curtain.

I appreciate all the fun that I had while serving the server. I enjoyed my time helping players, running impromptu quests (my favorite by far), and bringing the world alive by possessing NPCs (especially animals), changing spawns, and keeping players on their toes. There are truly fantastic RP'ers in our community and it is constant. There is almost always someone RPing in some form or fashion all of the time. There are different styles and different levels, thank you for the education from that side of the field.

Thanks again,
twidget

Hellblazer

Re: Stepping Down from GM'ing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 03:42:27 am »
It has been fun to be on your impromptus and such. I hope to see you around more as a player.

Zoogmunch

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:06:52 am »
Thanks for putting in all the time and effort. Its greatly appreciated. Again, hope to see you in the world Rping.

Drizzlin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »
Thanks for your time here here Twidge as both a DM and player. You are and have always been one of the best things on layonara. You have brought a lot to the server as both DM & player and we appreciate it.

I also appreciate your service to our country and for keeping it safe on your watch. Thanks shipmate.

Drizzlin

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »
You'll be sorely missed Twidget, but I wish you the best.  You were one of the great rpxp faeries floating around to surprise us when we least expected it.  It was good to have you there watching out for us.

Take care,
~E

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »
Don't go too far, man. Nothing but good times working with you.

minerva

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 10:37:04 pm »
Sorry to see you go. Sad we never got the chance to do the co GM quest series we chatted about.  Hope to see you around in game.

twidget658

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »
@hellblazer, you were my first impromptu. Wow, I screwed that one up.
@zoogmunch, it was really my pleasure.
@drizzlin, thanks for that. ROAR!
@alatrial, you all deserved the xp. I was just there to give it to you. There is only one player that I can think of that has not been touched by the 'wand'.
@milty, same here. always positive.
@minnie, that is one of my regrets. My last deployment, I was thinking about the havoc we could create :) and how much I could learn from you.

ycleption

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 12:05:17 am »
I'll miss you as a GM Twidget... always enjoyed your impromptus. Some were incredibly simple (eg. an ox doesn't want to walk through swamp water), but always very entertaining and flavorful.
I have a lot of good memories from your DMing, and appreciate the work you've done for this server.

Tanman

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 01:25:33 am »
I'll miss your GM style  Twidget. I hope to see you as a player

EdTheKet

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 02:58:30 am »
Thanks for your work, twidget. Have fun out there!

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 04:59:21 am »
Quote from: twidget658
@hellblazer, you were my first impromptu. Wow, I screwed that one up.

we all learn even when we think we know everything there is to know about what we are trained to do! it was still a fun one that one and the others.

geloooo

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:41 am »
I was in that impromptu as well! :D I'll miss your impromptus! You placed the spotlight on Ni'haer back then that paved the way towards his development! Thanks for everything! :)

Kenderfriend

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 10:20:42 am »
I'm not sure if I ever experienced any of your impromptus/quests due to them being werid times for me...:) hehe , but all the same thank you very much for the time and effort :) We all appreciate it.

Chazzler

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 11:07:30 am »
Thanks for everything Twidget, good times all around and good times for the future too! Hoping to see you IG as a player :)

Link092

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 11:22:57 am »
*sniffles* Nuuuu! Twidget!

well, I had fun on your impromptu's (provided I was on to be in them... :D)

davidhoff

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 11:43:34 am »
Thanks for making Vrebel and Tralek's first attempt, just the two of them, to the Rift so memorable.  Nothing like coming out with some diamonds and feeling pretty clever, to be attacked by Darkies and then Giants that have KD and Stun Attack in the Dead Zone Area.

You did a good job spicing it up for us as a GM; hope to see you in game too!

anything