The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Still a heartbeat away...  (Read 2299 times)

Pen N Popper

Still a heartbeat away...
« on: July 17, 2018, 11:26:43 pm »
As I surf around the various video games, I consistently grow nostalgic for the worlds that defined me as an RP player. It is the world, not the game medium, that engaged me. The fellow players, the evolving world lore, the sense of belonging, that drew me in.

I am thankful that these forums still exist, as just a few other persistent NWN worlds still do, so that I may occasionally drop by. With each login of another game and world, it is still compared to the rich entertainment that past communities produced.

I still hold out hope... hold my breath... for a platform that may reunite our collective worldly imagination. Until then, my heart felt thanks to all those that influenced and contributed to my own virtual stories.

May the dragons continue to whisper.

The following users thanked this post: Acacea, Lily, davidhoff

swoop

Re: Still a heartbeat away...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:53:11 am »
I really could not have said it better. I have been yearning for the RP connection that Layonara has and patiently await a new platform that can probably only pale in comparison, but still have that RP element that makes the NWN so, so good. I've been lurking now and then on the server status page and hoping to see people on, but I guess I just miss them...

Cheers!

The following users thanked this post: Pen N Popper