The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gripe about Tower of DRega Mod  (Read 90 times)

taejin

• View Profile
    Gripe about Tower of DRega Mod
    « on: March 27, 2007, 06:00:46 pm »
    HELP WITH MURDER QEUST. I've searched Layonara forums, no help. It won't let me pick up parchment or do anything else with boots other than examine. Or hairs in Pinks. I'm wearing amulet. I talked to Lt about diary before reporting "smooshness" to the orck, now I can't let hte Lt now about Orck knowing about the murder. I've shown the diary to pinks but of course she only "dabbles" and won't read the blank pages.  What "shinies" dialolgue with the orck?

What do I do>? A walkthrough would be nice since apparently you have to do everything in such a specific order.  How about better prompts on where to go next, this is my 3rd time doing it since get stuck halfway through.  Are you supposed to do anything with the hairs, grains, and parchemtns other than just look at it?  In pinks house there's nothing special abouth their 2 doors so why does it keep coming up on the AID?

Also posted specific quest bug issues on nwvault.  :mad:

Talan Va'lash

Re: Gripe about Tower of DRega Mod
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:39 pm »
    There is a bug that leaves this quest in an uncompletable state if you do things in a certain order at the beginning of it. I believe the way to avoid this bug is posted on nwvault, if not it's in the Community Project Support Forum here (scroll down a bit on the forums.)

This bug will be fixed with the module update that will be released in the near future.

For your current game I suggest just skipping that subplot for now, but if you really want to solve it there should be instructions on how to avoid the bug in one of the two places I mentioned. I believe they are posted by Lalaith Va'lash.

taejin

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:28:25 am »
      thanks for the reply.. okay i searched the forum "Community Project Support Forum " and found nothing relating to the murder mystery.  I searched every page of comments at nwvault and found nothing helpful there.  There was mention of you e-mailing osmething to someone rather than post it.

Please be more specific where I should look.  Thank you  O.o

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:27:09 am »
      I'll give you a link or dig up an old email if thats really where the info is heh.

Quote from: taejin
      thanks for the reply.. okay i searched the forum "Community Project Support Forum " and found nothing relating to the murder mystery.  I searched every page of comments at nwvault and found nothing helpful there.  There was mention of you e-mailing osmething to someone rather than post it.

Please be more specific where I should look.  Thank you  O.o

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:31:45 am »
      This is a concise post about how to avoid the bug that is the summary of several posts that are back and forth between nwvault and the layonara forums.  Rather than crossreference several different posts I figured I'd just quote Armin's explanation:

Edit: just for future reference I found this post on the 2nd page of comments on the vault. Towers of Dregar: Xora's Vial -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault
      in fact, I think that link will take you straight to the 2nd page.

Posted by Armin at 2007-02-19 14:20:39
      [/I]
      Trillian,

the queat is actually bugged in the current version.

*** SPOILERS ****

You need to speak to Smiley the half-orc in the inn before accepting the quest and then again *after* you go to the mill for the first time and acquire the diary.

Do NOT speak to the Pinks first, because after this you won't have the necessary dialogue option with Lt. Joseph anymore.

Get the diary, speak to Smiley, then speak to Joseph and you get the "Some dimwitted half-orc in the tavern keeps raving about our "smooshed" victim. How does he know about the murder?" dialogue option. This will set an important variable for later, which otherwise remains missing.
      Again, this will be fixed in the update which will be released as soon as real life gives me some breathing room : )

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 09:01:34 am »
      In addition to Talan's comments you don't need to *Take* anything on the quest.  The quest involves speaking to the npc's involved and then using the information about what you *Examine* and *Inspect* in the areas to make a choice. I admit its a bit of a run around and with the bug its been frustrating, but its also only a side quest and doesn't have to be completed.

The quest does not tell you when the investigation is complete, at some point you'll have to decide if you think that you've collected enough evidence (some answers you get from the AID investigations are, for instance, dependent on skill checks, so not all paths are open to all characters) and just present it to Joseph.

taejin

• View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 02:05:05 pm »
        that part I had found, I was hoping for something after that.  It did help though. because I was talking to pinks right after finding diary.  I've decided I'm going ot wait for the next update before continuing with this mod.  I love it so far but this situation is screwing that up.

But seriously consider more proper documenatation, especially when you get the same issue reported alot.  I understand real-life comes first, but how long does it take to write up a simple helpme/hints and post?