The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stricken - By Trace Nightwind  (Read 1038 times)

Nehetsrev

RE: Stricken - By Trace Nightwind
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:18:52 pm »
I liked the Nine to Five Nija film, though I think you need to work on using a bit brighter lighting in your films.  Dark is okay, but not too dark, and even too dark can work for a few short scenes.  That's just my opinion as a viewer though, and solely my opinion.  Good work anyway.  I hope to see more and with improvements.

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:43 pm »
Cool!  Thanks for taking the time to comment!  Nine to five Ninja came off a little dark and some parts of Stricken probably were too.  I light full out and then darken in post, so maybe I went a little too dark sometimes. :-) -Trace

Talan Va'lash

Re: Stricken - By Trace Nightwind
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 09:02:18 pm »
Trace, Who did your music?

I liked the tone of the lighting, but I did have the lamp on my desk, it was rather washed out on with it on. I imagine overall lighting, like balance in audio is difficult due to the WIDE range of different hardware people are viewing your product on.

Particularly like the angle and framing of the shot when they're in the car... not sure why.

The hard white scenes with the psychiatrist and his thick glasses seemed reminiscent of Terry Gilliam's hard white close up scenes in Brazil (the close up fish-eye effect giving faces an inhuman quality.)

I thought the CSI style lighting (I'm sure someone else did this first but you'll probably know what I mean) in the hallway near the end was a little overdone.

Anyway, thats my comments as a movie watcher not a movie maker :)

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 10:40:47 pm »
hehe, I totally know what you mean by CSI-ish hehe.  Some people love it and some hate it.  The funny thing is, I got so caught up in making it, I never even thought about the fact it did not look real? :-)  I just liked it and was like "Lets roll!"

My music was done by the orchestral composer Leandro Gardini of Brazil.  Check out his site for some amazing samples of his work!  You can get there by clicking on his name of the front page of my stricken website.  http://www.strickenthemovie.com

Thanks for the comments!  -Trace

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 04:21:58 pm »
:D  Stricken is cleaning up on YouTubE!!!  :-) :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aap-11vrYaM

Grid Blader

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 05:09:32 pm »
I liked it..  Good job Trace

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 05:48:50 pm »
Thanks!!! :D

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 04:15:40 pm »
Talan Va'lash - 11/3/2006  9:02 PM

Trace, Who did your music?

It was awesome to find Leo Gardini because he now charges 800.00 for 5 min of video for shorts.  I got in on a deal with him before he started charging so he composed my score, from Brazil, for free.

NEXUS7

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 05:10:55 pm »
very very good short for a short, as some one who works in film post its well done and nice framing, grading is off but that dos not matter.

if you ever need advice with cg-vfx drop me a line.

my I ask did you use final cut pro/shake and/or after-fx?.

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 03:22:11 pm »
Thanks for the offer of advice in the future!  I will definitely take you up on that!  :)  I used After Effects for the compositing work of the bathroom scene and for some noise removal and background cleaning (removing cars that didn't belong, reflections of me in mirrors, etc)

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 08:26:44 am »
I have an interesting update.  It looks as if someone saw Stricken and is now ofering me a directing position for an upcoming feature called "The Cracked Limb".  I will begin shooting in about a year to a year and a half.  It is pretty cool stuff!  Also, I have been updating my camera setup.  Here is how it looks now! :-)  
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1167440140.jpg
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1167440032.jpg
See you guys soon! -Trace

lolli_gagged

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 12:25:24 pm »
Well I am to new to remember much of anything but very cool,,,,, cant wait to see more.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 08:59:03 pm »

Very cool Bama.

Maybe one day you'll make a LoTRish Layonara movie.

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 06:49:33 pm »
Quote from: Force_of_Will_
Very cool Bama.

Maybe one day you'll make a LoTRish Layonara movie.

So Funny!  
I am talking to L about possibly making a Layo movie after my 500k feature "Stricken" Stricken (2008)
as I should have access to funding.  I just need a KILLER script.  I will let you know updates as L and I talk about this stuff.  -Trace

anything