The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: SS refund policy discussion  (Read 344 times)

Leanthar

Re: SS refund policy discussion
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 04:58:05 pm »
Have you seen the new FAQ that Dorg posted? It should answer all of the questions and we certainly can't get more detailed than that. I hope that is good enough, if not well...not sure what else we can say on this subject.

jrizz

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 05:11:12 pm »
Yes I read Dorg's new post and I agree it will help us all a lot. Thank you Dorg. One of the only questions I have left is about GM endorsment. How does one obtain GM endorsment? Under what conditions does a GM endorsment come into effect?

Dorganath

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 05:21:07 pm »
jrizz - 12/22/2006  7:11 PM  Yes I read Dorg's new post and I agree it will help us all a lot. Thank you Dorg. One of the only questions I have left is about GM endorsment. How does one obtain GM endorsment? Under what conditions does a GM endorsment come into effect?
 Endorsement may occur by, but may not be limited to:
  * The GM was a witness to the events or can otherwise attest to the circumstances.  It may be that the GM who did witness the event is not fully comfortable making the final decision, which is fine. In such a case, the statement from a GM can be seen as an endorsement.
  * The GM can attest to conditions of lag or other strange server behavior at the time, even though he/she may not have seen the actual event take place.
  * The GM may, with the player's assistance, do some in-game testing to investigate a report of an unknown bug that was attributed to the death and subsequent loss.  This will typically happen after-the-fact and the GM in question may not have witnessed the original event at all. In such a case, the GM would give testimony as to the results of testing, whether in support or refute of the claim.
  I'm sure there are more such cases.  I cannot, nor do I wish to try to, think of every possible situation where endorsement may happen in lieu of a GM actually witnessing the event.

Leanthar

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 06:02:41 pm »
I think we have discussed this sort of thing as much as I am willing to allow it to be discussed. We can not get in to every possible situation and it is foolish to even try.

You guys can use this thread as reference if you would like but I am locking it now as I think we have spent far more than enough time on this thread.  

The SS FAQ that Dorganath started the other day will be updated with his latest information.