The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Suddenly lag :(  (Read 183 times)

Niles09

Suddenly lag :(
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »
This day my connection to Laonara have been very bad. The browser is very slow to reach this site, and it takes time to get around in here:(, often the site cant be found. Ive logged off the server two times today, cause nothing was responding. I havent had problem reaching other sites (but ok its not like I have been surfing around) so I just wanna ask, if its my internet that has a problem, or have this happened to all today? :o

Lalaith Va'lash

RE: Suddenly lag :(
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
We are having problems with the forums so that is probably on our end.  I just noticed that West was hung so I just rebooted that server.

jjkolb

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »
See this post:
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21521&posts=1
  Edit: Doggone it you two are fast!

Rotagon

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:45:00 pm »
    Just FYI, since the swap, I have been having lag issues on West server while playing the game something fierce.

Niles09

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »
    ok, thanks

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 04:24:00 pm »
    *looks around* Its back up now. *crosses fingers*

Niles09

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »
    ok, it is much faster now :)

steverimmer

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
    Just to let you know even though I can move around the site with little or no lag I'm still having problems posting to the forums.  When I submit a post it seems to take ages to post and then I get a blank page with an error message on it...something like this 'sorry but this page cannot be displayed'. Luckly though, the postings seem to be posting ok even though I can't see it.
        *sighs* Even though I've been having trouble all day this one went through straight away, just to prove me wrong

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »
    Yeah, the actual posting seems to be a problem still, but not near as bad as it was before.
      We are going to need to limp along for a while until we can get converted over to a new DB--perhaps a new system but I am not so sure about that part at this time.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 06:52:00 pm »
    It's a script timeout issue... It's apparently not executing right; running Firefox, here.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 08:36:00 pm »
    I have the same issue on i.explorer...  also, sometimes I show threads have a 'negative' number of responses... and other times, I can't get to a response in a thread, even though I click on the link.