The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 325 gold  (Read 111 times)

merlin34baseball

325 gold
« on: May 07, 2006, 08:09:20 am »
Hello Community,

Axodeath and I led a group of younger adventurers into Haven like3 days ago.  It didn't go well with most dieing...  Anyway, I am terrible with names so...  I buffed someone up to reenter and get their grave, but they left a bucnch of stuff on the ground outside the cave so they could reduce weight and run back to their grave.  One item was 325 gold pieces.  I picked up the gold so it wouldn't disappear, stated in PARTY chat that I had it and would hold it.  I had to log though before the character got back out.  I want to return this gold as I don't want that character to think that Tyrian stole it...  So as I said before I am terrible in RL with names and can't remember whose it was.  So please post if it is yours and I will get it back to you.  I am sure I will remember the name when I see it so...   ;)

Thanks,

Leanthar

Re: 325 gold
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:10:54 am »
Good to see this considerate post. Hopefully he or she sees this and will hook up with you.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:39 am »
Gold doesn't have any weight to it, though, as unrealistic as that is.

If it did, that would open up a whole load of nifty new opportunities for RP (and inspire a money-conversion system), but at the moment I don't think there's too much that our developing team can do about that with the tools they have.

PsychicToaster

• Followers of Lucinda
    • Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:57:29 am »
Well, it was eliminated from NWN for a very simple reason: Does adding coin conversion to the game add to the fun of the game?  Not really.  Over time the value of copper drops so far beneath the notice of adventurers that they just start dealing entirely in platinum anyway.  In the real world it is handy to have currency of different denominations to reduce weight and size (ever fit 50 or 100 (or 1000/10000 in some countries) bills in your wallet?  However, in a fantasy video game setting, none of that hassle exists, so adding it for a sense of realism just distracts from the adventuring focus.

merlin34baseball

RE: 325 gold
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:21 pm »
bumping in hopes of a reply...  I would hate to be talking to the character in game and have them wonder why I did not return the gold...