The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic:  (Read 208 times)

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
    (No subject)
    « on: June 27, 2005, 07:33:00 am »
    I am leaving for Spain tomorrow evening, and coming back on July 12.  I am very excited to be getting out of the States for a little bit, and seeing the country my wife's family is from.  We are going to be in Malaga, Cordoba, Seville, and Barcelona.  If anyone knows of any really cool things we just have to see in any of these places, let me know.  There is also an outside chance we'll take a boat ride over to Morocco for a day.  I look forward to going to some guitar festival events, seeing some flamenco shows, and, of course, eating plenty of tapas and drinking Sangria! 
      I was planning on getting a little more Layonara time in, but the game has been crashing on me, so I guess someone is telling me it is time to pack.  I will see everyone when I get back, and hopefully I'll be able to get the game to work then.
        Chrysellis

Leanthar

RE: ¡Adiós para amigos de dos semanas!
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:56:00 am »
    Sounds like a lot of fun.  Enjoy.

Rasterick

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 08:23:00 am »
    My family and I have just got back from Spain, after a short vacation. We had a great time, its a wonderful place. Hope you have a good time.

Hey I just love  those Tapas...

Ar7

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:42:00 am »
    Have fun is Spain, every country on the Med is simply great!

Too bad you're not going to Toledo, because this place is heaven http://www.toledoimperial.com/fotos_esposicion.htm

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:44:00 am »
    Hehe, you're coming right next to my country, enjoy the warm weather! ;)

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:00 am »
    Sevilla is beautiful, but try to get to Granada and the Alhambra if you have a chance. I studied Spanish in Granada for a while, it's great!
      Hasta luego!

KageKeeper

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 10:06:00 am »
    I spent a few years in Spain while in the Air Force. Loved it there!

There is so much to see and do. Just see what you can and have a ton of fun!

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
    Have a great time!  Wish I was going!

freemen2

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 04:45:00 am »
    Enjoy the trip, hasta luego ;)

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
    Man, if you are going to BCN don't forget to visit the historical centre... from some time to this part it has become a colourful place, with a lot of interesting restaurants. If you are out of ideas take a look at http://barcelona.lanetro.es (it's a local guide) and you'll have a full map of the city at http://www.bcn.es/guia/welcomec.htm.

There are many places to eat or take a drink but try to do not fall into the tipical touristic streets. Perhaps you could go to Muntaner Street... it's plenty of nice places (Cosmopolita, Out of China, etc).

And be *very* careful with the pickpockets and thieves.

Hope you'll enjoy it ;-) If you need anything (and my bad English doesn't make you feel sick) you can cantact me at ciberado AT gmail DOT com

jv