The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Teaming and Scheduling  (Read 414 times)

Interia_Discordius

Teaming and Scheduling
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:53:34 am »
Hey guys,

I've been noticing that there's been high level runs going on through the more difficult areas, but not when and where. Last night, I was invited to one, but otherwise, I've felt a bit left out of the loop. - A bit of a note on that, sorry I couldn't join... 10pm EST is a rough time to make during school days, even if I'm not currently going.

I always thought high level would be something along the lines of grand and fun with more areas to explore and special items to have, but all I've noticed is that my bank account is losing more money than I could ever put into it, and that quests around the times I can manage are all for levels below 17 or 13. Now, I'm not trying to get this into a discussion for low level and high level quests, it's just a brief observation of why high level doesn't feel as grand as I first thought :)

With all that combined, I've been left to running about with lower levels and roleplaying. No complaints on either of those alone, really, I never realized Mistone could be so fun...Yet, you know, I've kind of wanted to check out East with different folks now and then.

I always thought that the "clique" attitude was mentioned constantly because of certain people or the deal, whatever, but I'm more along the lines beginning to believe that it's because people who ARE left out of the loop don't know how to join. By the time you realize there's a group out in East, they're way too far for you to go with them.

And then you're left back in West sitting around in Hempstead...

So, just as a suggestion, but why can't we have more forum based posts inviting people to East, Central, even West runs? Stick more into the calendar so those who have trouble getting into that stuff due to schedule problems, not OOC'ing with the proper people enough, etc can join. Set aside some time so it's not ungodly late all the time and then launch people through mass destruction of the lands combined with beautiful roleplay.

It would be fun for all of us to have some newer people, after all...

Curious to hear your thoughts,
Christine

The following users thanked this post: Xirion

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Re: Teaming and Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:39:17 am »
If you see a few or alot of high lvls online.. don't be afraid for sending a tell and ask..

- Hey whats up? :) I'm alone heer and was wondering if you are up to something fun?

Answer would probably be..

- Hey there.. yea we are gathering a group for a rift, thunder peaks, Belinara trip... or whatewer...

- Think my PC could join?

- sure why not.. we are meeting in Arnax, crossroads in 10 min.

Its impossible to just wandering around alone and hope that you would bump in to a party just when they about to go adventuring..

Tells are great and helps getting characters and people together for great fun and RP :)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 11:42:55 am »
The problem is, I do usually send tells, but by the time I realize there's enough high levels on for a party, they're in the land of Far Far Away, and unless I can get past True Sight, I won't be able to catch up with them...And they probably won't wait.

There's a lot of seemingly scheduled events for high level run... Was told last night that Chongo would be having a run at 10pm EST through a new area in East. My suggestion was to put these kind of pre-planned events on the forums and have more of them.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:52:37 am »
Pre-planned is nice, but sometimes the idea for them comes only hours before the adventure happens. I say this while in the same boat as you, Interia. I miss most of the cool explorations unless I just happen to get lucky and catch a group before they go. Last night, I caught a group as they were leaving, and had to run my happy tookus to catch up. Of course, part of my problem is I have less time to play right now than in the past.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56:20 am »
http://forums.layonara.com/general-discussion/139832-cnr-mistone-run.html

Thought since I'm one to complain, I should be one to try to do something about it. Here's my attempt.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 02:48:14 pm »
Go, Chrissy!

For myself, part of my problem's always been that when a really solid team gets together, it's possible to run through most of East at a dead run, without a word needed. I've always preferred to walk rather than run, talk over the loot, ramble on about this, that, and the other... The other part's been akin to yours.

Let's all work on this together. :) (Though Pyyran'll be getting his leg fixed up before he'll be willing to even think about touching Arnax again.)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:58:20 pm »
I notice that too...  Now I like taking Lower levels around for trips in Krashin and Dragon Isles to RP and of course get some XP, but I wont get to level 20 at 1 XP per kill (and I have to thank the DMs for even making it to level 17).

Unfortunately I can't join you today, Chrissy...  I have College tonight at 7, though If you run across me somewhere Feel free to drag me along.

stragen

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 04:41:30 am »
A lot of it has to do with timezones and game time.

For example Jin Lun Lee (anyone remember that old wolf?) has been level 20 for a while now.  But there is often only a handful of players online, and almost no level 20s who he would party with in the Aussie Evening timeslot.  He has been able to visit Belinara for nine months now, but has only visited the land a few times.

One solution is to make a new (lower level) character to suit the other people playing in your timeslolt.

Feel free to send me a tell if you see Jin Lun Lee online.

Cheers,

Stragen.

Tanman

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 07:10:49 am »
I have no qualms about this as long as invitations are kept IC and diety relations are adhered to. Diety dogmas and relations are there for a reason! :)

Serissa

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:24:52 am »
IC means lonely.  It's just about impossible to run across people to party with.

Xirion

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:14 am »
IC invitations are god and should allways happen...
...but that doesnot mean (at least from my point of view) that there cant be an OOC invitation/question/tell before that.

It's impossible to find a group of 3,4,5,6... players on any server if you are alone.

Where are they? What are they doing?

Questions that can not be answered. They can bein Hempstead preparing a trip or jus RPing, but as goo they could be in the broken halls, the dragon island... or any location you can imagine your PC
1st cant reach due to the enemies
2nd cant check all of them

You can spend alot of time running around, doing something your PC would do from a RP standpoint (fishing, crafting or taking a walk or whatelse) and spend all your time with that.
Sure, there is the possibility you can run across some one. But for people like me who have just some hours per day to play it is really annoying. All your time you looked forward to gone for running around or digging clay?

I personally visit the public places like Hempstead, Stormcrest and Hlint first, but if I am not able to find anyone I sometimes send OOC-tells.

I dont think it is the best solution but it is the only praticable one for me. I may add that this tell doesnot mean that my PC runs into the group and says "Hey, can we go on?"
Ofcourse all players should have an "excuse" IC, on the one hand me, why I am going to that place in particular, one the other hand the group why they stopped there. Just saying, there will be RP (introductions, realtions diety/personal, and talk) but I dont think it is rasonable to wait for someone to bump into for hours. If a gruop is on a trip this can last for huors. I dont have the time and I dont think it is a crime, if handled correctly.

To quote Pseudonym "in the end we're all here to have fun"

Regards,
>Xirion>

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 12:10:02 pm »
Easiest Way, in my book.  Send a tell to someone saying we you are going somewhere and are meeting at X location before hand.  IF they show up and do the IC thing right, I takem along, if they don't.  *shrugs*

Tanman

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 03:40:51 pm »
Quote from: Xirion
IC invitations are good and should allways happen...
...but that doesnot mean (at least from my point of view) that there cant be an OOC invitation/question/tell before that.When sen

Definitely, send a tell, and I say go as far as using a LORE letter. Most of the time I try to write that tell in a form of a letter. What I abhor is when everyone just everyone just meets and then without IC acknowledgingly this  starts to go exploring. Maybe I should be more clearer in this regard.

Xirion

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:48:56 pm »
My point mostly... Seemingly got you wrong in your fisrt post oO