The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: XP penalty for multiclassing  (Read 141 times)

Varka

XP penalty for multiclassing
« on: June 25, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
Does XP penalty for multiclassing apply on Layonara?

Typically when you multiclass all your classes must remain within 1 level of each other. When not, you will suffer a 20% penalty on all XP gained. The only exceptions to this rule is favored classes (race dependant) and prestige classes.

Varka is barbarian/battlerager and wants to multiclass as a fighter. Now, battlerager is a prestige class (it is, right?) and fighter is his favored class (since Varka is a dwarf). So, the only class that should subject to this rule is barbarian.

So, before I start levelling as a fighter, I want to be sure that I've understood this correctly and that battlerager really IS a prestige class, and that fighter really IS Varka's favored class.

Can anyone confirm this? (DMs and admins please)

Pankoki

RE: XP penalty for multiclassing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
Well lets startĀ from the beggining. Are you approved to take fighter levels at all?

Varka

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
well.. if you look at my PC approval..then yes
http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8726&posts=2

plz answer the question also

Pankoki

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »
Ah yes, sorry when reading your approval you skipped each line to explain your split and I missed it. Then the answer to your first question is that taking fighter levels do not incur XP penalty on your character. Sorry for the little confusion.

Varka

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
thank you for your answer.

anything