The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thannks to Funnypseudonym  (Read 513 times)

Xaltotun

Thannks to Funnypseudonym
« on: April 26, 2009, 03:37:41 pm »
Funnypseudonum ran a quest today which I would like to thank him for. There were well over a dozen PCs involved, from low to high levels, traps and encounters.

He outlined the problem (the Toranites had built a facility in which they had placed an 'artefact' that would pacify violent offenders, but they had lost contact with the warders inside the prison and needed a party to find out why), and ported us all to the DM area when we were ready to go.

It ran fluidly and without hitch and that was down to his control and handling of such a diverse party. It was fast, furious and challenging.

Thanks Funnypseudonym, and I promise I will stay away from trapped doors in the future.

~ Eleandilethessa Quil'lyn

lonnarin

Re: Thannks to Funnypseudonym
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »
Pseudonym Rules!

s0ulz

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:23:18 pm »
Pseudo = Win.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:11:02 pm »
I completely agree with Xaltotun, the quest this morning was fantastic and well worth waking up at the bum crack of dawn to go to!  

Of course... Daniella will probably continue to disarm traps in the same manner...

Thanks Pseud, it was fantastic.

Masterjack

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:12:14 pm »
Oh noooo. His head is going to swell with all this praise. *sighs with a smile* I have to add to it though. He did do a good job.

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:59:56 am »
Was a really fun quest, and aa many said, it's rare to get to slay do-gooders without recurrings afterwards :D

stragen

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:13 am »
Just to save an ego from exploding...
"Would evil toranite Paladins and Clerics still have divine magic?"

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:42:02 am »
Heh, a thank you post after running quests for two years, yeah, better bring me back down to earth. But, to answer your question, would a cleric operating (casting) under magical compulsion still have access to divine magic? Would they? Hmmm. At what point does a God/dess withdraw their blessing from a wayward follower? Good question. Evil Toranites? Seems incongruous, no? Did I make a mistake or are you picking up on a clue a week after the event? Just to save an ego from bruising, let's go with that I made the mistake.

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 09:27:26 pm »
well, to be fair... were the Toranites walking around with "hello- I'm with master evil" cards on their chests, or was said evil simply up to interpretation?  Does "evil" in this case mean eating babies per usual, or simply thwarting the efforts of the infallible adventurer team?  LN can make a good villain from time to time.  And were the spells really from Toran or rather from Sulterio or Rofirien granting them to heretics of Toran?  or perhaps arch-fiends.

GMs are always infallible.  To suggest otherwise is to mock the kill-wand.

Alatriel

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 01:15:58 am »
You see, it's very simple:  The Toranites were operating under the effects of the vile Lucinda, since the more lenient, or as Daniella would like to say "liberal" Toranites, had thought that perhaps it would've been a good idea to try to blend some of Lucinda's principles to make them work for Toran and His wish to spread goodness to others in the world.  Of course, with Lucinda not caring whether things were used for good or evil, figured she would tip the scales and create a balance in Toran's goodness by creating evil from the Liberal and sadly mistaken Toranites' wishes, and foiling their plot.  

What does this tell us?  Oh yes... we are completely justified in our hatred and animosity towards the Foul Lucinda.

Nuff said ;)