The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Wrath of the Lich King!  (Read 869 times)

Interia_Discordius

Wrath of the Lich King!
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:45:25 am »
Wrath of the Lich King, which is the expansion pack for World of Warcraft, releases tonight at midnight. Since Masquerade and I are practically obsessed with the game (I've only been seriously playing for a month and I'm already gearing up in t5), we'll be taking a break to get level 80 and PvP like mad for some new gear. Until then, you won't see us much in Layonara, but we'll be back! I just wanted to write a brief reason for our absence, and that we haven't lost interest. NWN is sort of our game on the side for when we're saved to all the cool raids and there's not much going on.

We'll be on the forums and MSN, regardless.

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Wrath of the Lich King!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:27:51 am »
Gah. World or Warcrack got you, too. Good thing is, after so many raids and level eighty's, you realize it's the same thing over and over again with few surprises and even less drama. Then we'll be waiting with unique GM run quests and all the storied politics, adventure, and relationships that never get old. ;)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:29:54 pm »
Of course! It's just that, for us, WoW is sort of that mindless game we need to kill things in and babble on about at school to our friends and relieve stress. Layonara's too complex to do either, but at the end of the day, that's what always brings us back to it. It's unpredictability and depth is as addictive as pwning a nub... just appeals to two different parts of the personality.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:52:34 pm »
>.> Less Drama Milty? Nah, Higher levels. More gear. More New stuff no one's seen. The one cool thing though is that they're making versions of all the big raids that 10 people can go through instead of 25, which makes it a lot easier for small tight knit guilds to get into a raid, something I felt was severely lacking in BC.

Anyway, Inty and Masq have fun with the game :), Ill personally be waiting though until they get the kinks out of the new expansion.

Link092

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:52:17 pm »
*praises to whatever thing out there that kept him separated from WoW*

:p :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:53:57 pm »
Less drama? For heaven's sake, woman, I have a B.A. in theatre!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 11:43:29 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
Less drama? For heaven's sake, woman, I have a B.A. in theatre!

You misunderstand =P You claimed one would "realize it's the same thing over and over again with few surprises and even less drama"

I'm claiming the amount of drama is proportional to the amount of dimwits a game has which is proportional to the game's overall population.

More people play with Wrath.
More people that start are . . . insert colorful word for not ice people.
Hence more drama.

Im done.

Bye.

Link092

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:42:08 am »
hurray for colorful words? :p

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:55:16 am »
Honestly, I haven't experienced much mean-people in my time during World of Warcraft, but I secured myself a good guild and some concrete friends from the start both from school and around... so I suppose I managed to escape the majority of it.

Or maybe I'm one of them! Muahaha. I camp Alliance corpses -all- the time... and WPvP with some notorious bunches of people.

Nasty Inty. Muahaha.

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 01:22:36 pm »
I was griefed on WoW, I submitted the application to the GMs, and nothing was done about it.  They took my money, gave me promises of policing their server, and then broke those promises with my money in their hand.

I was griefed here, I informed the GMs, we had a meeting with the server owner, Leanthar, and it stopped happening that very moment.  The owner of this huge server with hundreds of players and a fulltime RL job actually took time out of his day for me.  And he doesn't even get paid for it.

That's why I prefer it here.  Because people actually can get banned if they break the rules, vs. the other place where people following me around insulting me for hours on end because they have trouble adjusting to middle school, with a GM staff that refuses to do their jobs that they actually get paid a salary to perform.

As for the rest of the game, I admit, it is majestic.  I only wish there was an option to, as in Guild Wars, that whenever you left town and went out into the wilds, every other player not in your party just vanished.  I know that's just about the opposite of roleplaying and multiplayer, but since they utterly refuse to enforce RP on their RP servers even after they've made the distinction between RP and Action servers for WoW, I always got stuck between getting harrassed by foul-mouthed miscreants and grouping with 13375p33k1n9 folks named Minimagician or Uburrtroll.  This isn't  problem specific to WoW of course, but to all MMORPGs on the market available.

I can't wait until the Star Trek MMORPG gets published, and we are plagued with fine young cadets named OpIvygrrrl666, Bolian1337 or Klingon Uranus.  Then the ghost of Gene Roddenberry will rise from the afterlife to haunt the lands.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:24:11 pm »
I've heard of servers where people freak out if you're female and stories of all this griefing, but I've yet to run into any of it. Where in the world do you guys play at? It's a serious question.

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 01:31:26 pm »
No clue, it's been about 2 years since I played.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 05:10:08 pm »
Used to play on Earthen Ring. Didn't so much get greifed for being a girl, but basically got griefed up the wazoo for not playing regularly enough. I mean, hell though. You're going to keep running Karazhan every week and wonder why I'm bored and stop playing. Don't yell to me about loyalty. I dish out 15$ a month to have fun. if I'm not having fun, I quit. It's a game. I don't think about the people I'm (alledgedly) hurting by not being there. If they want to front my bill, they can, if not. They can stop making new accounts to bother me when I decide an alt is more fun

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 07:09:53 pm »
lol, Jess, they freaked out that much about you skipping -Kara-? Dear God.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:51 pm »
Well Our guild was very good, but very small, so we couldn't really do much besides Kara and ZA. Which is why I like the 10 man versions of 25 mans idea in Wrath. Its a very good one.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 06:51:12 am »
Level 76 now... four more levels and a bit of PvP/instancing, and we'll be back with you guys to the normal schedule. I'd say two weeks max due to us having to wait for more people to ding 80 for PvP, but we should be just in time for the holidays in Layo!

anything