The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Troll King presents: The Explorer Series  (Read 2699 times)

willhoff

Re: The Troll King presents: The Explorer Series
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2009, 05:48:22 pm »
Vrebel can't make it as well....family.  I'll look forward to catchin' up next week.  Thanks Milt.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2009, 01:05:04 pm »
Note the slot change, from Wednesdays to Thursdays. I had to make the change due to schedule differences in the summer. Hopefully that doesn't hinder anyone's attendance.

Starting location: Arnax
Level: Still open.
Party size: Still open.
Danger level: Still ridiculous.
Fun factor: Equally ridiculous.
Newcomers: Welcome. Just be prepared with your own RP excuse as to why in the world you were wandering around in the Deep all by yourself when you just "happened" upon the party of adventurers.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31:41 pm »
I've a bunch of relatives and in-laws coming this week/weekend, so this Thursday's installment is a bust. We'll pick back up next week. Enjoy the double XP weekend!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 10:31:57 am »
Quick (and belated) note: We're on for tonight!

Starting location: Arnax
Level: Still open.
Party size: Still open.
Danger level: Still ridiculous.
Fun factor: Equally ridiculous.
Newcomers: Welcome. Just be prepared with your own RP excuse as to why in the world you were wandering around in the Deep all by yourself when you just "happened" upon the party of adventurers.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 05:10:42 pm »
No explorers this week or the next. Got some stuff to work on this week and family in town next week.

Also, be thinking of where you want to go. I mean, if I keep the Deep on the docket, you guys will just keep going (as proven by last session) and keep getting smooshed! You people are crazy (an attribute I admire, I must admit)!

You guys did make it pretty far, though... I think you visited about 1/3 of the Deep.

Acacea

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 05:32:33 pm »
Heh, well, we continued with the Deep 'cause that's where we left off... hard to say where anyone ends up or why after, otherwise.

It was only the "death on successful ranged touch" that got anybody killed, anyway... *mutters*

davidhoff

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2009, 06:14:39 pm »
I don't mind the deep...I think our little party did pretty good last time and if we had some "foe", as I've heard it called, for the final part we would have faired much better.

It would be nice to have some others return or show though...especially a stout fighter type that eats alot of pork to take on those water elementals.

Tralek

Serissa

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2009, 07:48:34 am »
Ferrit can't afford to keep attending.  That's why she stopped coming before.  Books containing protection against undeath are extremely hard to come by, and potions are expensive.  Sorry.

Lord Dark

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2009, 08:50:40 am »
I kept asking if I should have used a book before the accident but forgot the basic rule of the Deep, "always have true seeing and death protection!" So, if we continue down there, I'll try to get another tome... but I'm up for anywhere!

davidhoff

« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »
Oh I didn't know that "foe" was from a tomb that had charges....I thought it was a dragon scale that had unlimited uses/day.  Yes that does make the use of "foe" costly and a bit of a guessing game so to speak.

I'm up for whatever, and I appologize if I came across as attributing fault; that was not my purpose.  I was trying to defend our small party by saying we would have kicked their arses if we had foe is all.

Tralek

Lord Dark

« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2009, 04:30:43 pm »
Actually foe is a ninth level Cleric spell. The Dusty Old Tome has maybe enough charges for 15 foes and the black dragon scales also has charges for a few uses but is still limited.

Chongo

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2009, 05:01:05 pm »
Quote from: Lord Dark
Actually foe is a ninth level Cleric spell. The Dusty Old Tome has maybe enough charges for 15 foes and the black dragon scales also has charges for a few uses but is still limited.

Those were lowered in the last update - just as an fyi so you know to conserve them.  Their rarity also increased.

Sorry folks.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2009, 05:57:29 pm »
davidhoff, see [LORE]Undeath's Eternal Foe[/LORE]. Of course, your character may still not know much if anything at all about the spell other than the short reference "Foe."

davidhoff

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
Great...thanks for info...interesting how if a Cleric casts Foe, those with dieties that are enemies to the Cleric's diety don't get any love...

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2009, 10:58:05 pm »
That's why it's good to be a generalist, and give a little love to all gods, so you get at least a little love back =P... mechanically speaking, have a blank deity field, heh.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2009, 03:15:59 am »
*cough* Apart from the "your soul being devoured as it crosses the Pits to get to the Thread" bit. ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2009, 01:36:54 pm »
Psh. That's the fun part! :D

anything