The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Great Spikes  (Read 2335 times)

Chazzler

The Great Spikes
« on: November 30, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »
Hello all, been a long time since I last posted to these forums.I have been recurring online at Layo for some minor streaks, and a thought occurred to me of arranging a trip to the Great Spikes to explore the regions with Görmungard, and wanted to ask who wants to come with me/him? :)The place is level 25-35 or something like that (recommendation), even the bears are tough as nails (yes, they might have cast-iron nails for nails and have got pretty tough hides too.)If a goodly amount of goody-two-shoes' can attend, this can be a fun venture for sure. And a long one, something like 4-6... 7(?) hours, or it might be made into a two-times event. Unfortunately that would have to mean we'd need to sit our characters there for yet-to-be undefined amount of time.Them blubbering giants won't know what hit them.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Serissa, Acacea, Lance Stargazer, davidhoff, willhoff

Acacea

Hallo! I think we shouldn't
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

Hallo! I think we shouldn't have much trouble finding a group - the server is often dead but we rally well enough for a scheduled trip. We did a Khalziras run a couple weeks ago, though the Caverns of the Menace are collapsed. Depending on the nature of the IC call to arms, at least Acacea would likely attend, as she treks at times to the outposts. Last year we even ran full under-ocean venture. The slowness of the server has also made for an easier time of splitting journeys when necessary - I think most would still prefer wrap in a single session so as to not have their characters limbo'ed, but nowadays it's not such a big deal and most everyone has alts :) 

Nice to see you! 

jadewillow

Nice to see you again! Flynn
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:50:43 pm »

Nice to see you again! Flynn or Tane could be up for it depending on time, and they probably would not be able to do in one.

davidhoff

//I'm game!  I don't know who
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 06:55:17 pm »

//I'm game!  I don't know who I'd bring, but probably Griff so he could catch up with his kin Gorm.  As long as we coordinate the time we shouldn't have trouble getting a nice group.  Throw out some dates/times that are good for you and see what sticks.

Nice to see you trying to get back n game!

willhoff

Zigruum would like to attend
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »

Zigruum would like to attend too!  I'm fine with a one part or two part or three parter.  Theres some areas yet to be explored way in the back so he's interested. 

Great to see you coming back with a bang and Zig may be able to help with the bears!

cbnicholson

I'm looking for an activity
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 01:40:51 pm »

I'm looking for an activity for friday night's round robin if that works for you, Chakar? 

I'm down for something, split time or straight shot, although the straight shot would require a weekend.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

It would depend on the time
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:06 pm »

It would depend on the time for me , but preety much what Cbnicholson said.  Also i know the time frame for Görm is a bit earlier than our standard american zone.  So what time frame were you thinking Chak? 

Chazzler

I am on a leave from working
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

I am on a leave from working at the moment, so during the weekdays is okay for me, although I am sure during the weekends or on a Friday is far more suitable for most others.

I am able to pull a long nighter (with some greased up coffee it's easy), so timeframe of the day is not really a problem.

My timezone is +3 GMT at the moment, which is about 7 hours before the time in New York or West Coast.

I am out of town for the upcoming weekend, but the weekend after that should be okay with me.

So I am suggesting 12.16.2016 at around 6 PM eastern time, is that suitable for most?

cbnicholson

Fine with me, but the all
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »

Fine with me, but the all nighter is out.  I'd have to log around 11 local at the latest.  Still a solid 6 hour run.

Oscar Wilde

davidhoff

Sounds doable
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 04:05:59 pm »

Sounds doable

willhoff

That's a good time/date for
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

That's a good time/date for me.  I might need some breaks for coffee and such to do an allnighter but it's definitely possible.

Chazzler

Looks good for a 5-6 hour
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 01:20:52 pm »

Looks good for a 5-6 hour trip for starters then.

Let's schedule the after-journey (return) after the first trip, preferably sooner than later, of course.

Lance Stargazer

The time seems a bit tight
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 02:01:51 pm »

The time seems a bit tight for me.. at the statrting time i'll still be at work, but I'll try to get there, probably moving the char to the starting point may help. Cheers.

Chuckles_McChuck

This is over my timeslot for
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »

This is over my timeslot for friday which makes for a great alternative.  Unfortuantely my character is only level 7 so I don't know if I could join in on this adventure.

davidhoff

I wouldn't mind you bringing
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 12:02:39 am »

I wouldn't mind you bringing your 7, but it is a bit over her head.  It's more Chaz's call since it's his run.  Be mindful that by bringing her I think the higher level char's probably will suffer an xp reduction; but not a big deal to me.

willhoff

I agree.  It's Gorm's call
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 12:17:57 am »

I agree.  It's Gorm's call but I'd say bring her along.  She just has to understand that it will be very dangerous.

cbnicholson

I don't have a problem with
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

I don't have a problem with it, as I'm sure most other players do not.  Just be aware of two major side effects.  1. XP for Lia will be minimal, like probably onesy -  twosies kind of xp due to the xp balancing. .  2.  Her chance of dying by an errant spell , bolt, missile, traps, etc.  is extremely high even when buffed. I've seen it many many times.

That said, bringing her personality and rp to the mix is always welcome as far as I'm concerned, but we'll let Gorm make the final call.

Oscar Wilde

Chazzler

YikesThere was a
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 03:59:33 pm »

Yikes

There was a misunderstanding on my part on the names of the areas.

Great Spikes is the mountain range on which lies K'halziras ruined dwarven kingdom.

The Great North is the place Görmungard is off headed to.

When you reach that left-behind docks before the undead icy marshes, you can head right towards the bear-ed and giant-ed Spikes region, that through a multitude of areas leads to the Great North, a place of horrid wargs, giants, drakes and worse. This place is the one I have had a craving for, for some time now. :)

------------------

If you're bringing Lance or Aesthir, I am sure you can meet us up on the docks!

------------------

I don't mind you bringing your level 7 character with us. Although you'll die all the time and at least I would feel frustrated as a whack-a-mole -mole of that.

Chazzler

On the other hand, if someone
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »

On the other hand, if someone desires a trip to K'halziras, I can pull such a journey during next week. Shouldn't take more than 6-7 hours. :D

davidhoff

We just did a trip to
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 08:32:58 pm »

We just did a trip to K'halziras so I would vote the Great North :)

anything