The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Layo, it is a'changin'  (Read 270 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
The Layo, it is a'changin'
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:50:26 pm »
Or ... well, more like everything changed while I was gone. I had heard the campaign had ended, but I wasn't sure of anything other than that. It seems like alot of the systems have changed too, and I have a few questions.

First, it seems that "Death Tokens" have been replaced by "Soul Strands." Is the death system any different than it was a year ago, or has there just been a name change.

Second, Crafters licenses. I heard about these in a thread, and have no idea how they work, but I assume I have to buy the right to craft now. Does a license have to be purchased for every craft? Does it expire?

Third, it sounds like the concept of an ECDQ is gone, and one can level right through 20 with no intervening steps. But you can opt to become a World Leader, and gain a certain presitge beyond just "epic". Is that right, or have I perceived the system incorrectly?

Last thing, it seems there is a way to donate to temples now. Is this an in-game system, or does it require a GM? And further, is it only gold that can be donated, or can items also go to the church? If it is in-game, are there any plans for a similar system to donate to the town? It might give crafters a place to dump their excess, instead of having ware"houses" full of stuff.

Thanks, and sorry if all of this is answered in one convenient place, I looked around a bit and didn't find anything that leapt out at me, so I figured there was no harm in asking.

EdTheKet

Re: The Layo, it is a'changin'
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »
1) Just the name, mostly because it's now more clear what happens, the Harvester of Souls cuts the Strands that hold your soul to Layonara, once the last one is cut, you're dead.
2) You need to buy one to craft, and to craft in the advanced craft hall you need an advanced badge. They do not expire, they're for all crafts at the same time.
3) That's correct, we now have WLDQs. Read more in the appropriate thread.
4) In game at your local temple fund raiser. There's no town system, and I don't think any plans either.
5) it is all answered somewhere else :)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
RE: The Layo, it is a'changin'
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 01:41:40 pm »
Huzzah for quick responses!

And yes, I knew it was all somewhere, but if there was something like "The Big Thread of Things That Have Changed in the Past Year" and I missed it, I would have to beat myself up or something. (Atleast I would send me nasty emails.)

Anyway, it all sounds good, and I will read up on WLDQs more. Thanks a bundle.

minerva

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:37:56 pm »
Zhofe, err that would be this page : http://nwn.layonara.com/StartHere    Enjoy

Shadowblade225

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:46:29 pm »
Nice to see you back Zhofe!

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »
I'm Still here old brudda!

Dorganath

RE: The Layo, it is a'changin'
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:22:33 pm »
I know I said this last night, but good to see you back!

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 03:39:01 pm »
*waves to Zhofe*

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 02:32:07 am »
Welcome back!

Huzzah!

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 08:14:28 pm »