The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The time frame for LORE being down?  (Read 188 times)

Canyonman

The time frame for LORE being down?
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:08 am »
I was just wondering how long LORE was expected to be down.  I was just beginning to use the sight to learn a lot about the history, deity nad timeline of the world of Layonara, as any good bard should.  I also loved to use the in-game date feature for my Journal updates!  I am not looking for any specifics maybe just a general time frame.

The new website is wonderful and my thanks goes out to the staff for all they do!

Aeryn Tahlaer

Leanthar

Re: The time frame for LORE being down?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:48 am »
Lore as we know and love it is gone. We will be bringing parts of it back up, we hope. The parts that will be brought back up are the character informations, message birds, deity tables and relationships and that sort of thing. LORE was taking too much time, resources, and cash for us to continue it. Sadly we were not (and are not) getting near enough in donations to upgrade and/or support the major costs that it was bringing to us. But we hope to bring back what we consider to be intrical and critical to the world.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:56:17 am »
Oh, and as to a time frame...no idea at this time. Sorry for that cop-out of an answer but we honestly do not know at this time.

Canyonman

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:21:49 pm »
Not a cop-out...I truly understand scheduling and prioritizing.  Both are a neccessity of life.  I also truly hope to be able to donate someday to Layonara, as I do love the site and the effort that the team puts into it.  I am not going to whine and cry right now why I cannot, but needless to say I cannot...yet.

Thanks for the quick reply.

anything