The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: This'll make a few folks smile.  (Read 682 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

This'll make a few folks smile.
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:17:39 pm »
But... Hopefully not too many. ;)

Over the past few weeks, I'm sure a few of you have noticed that I haven't been around much (if at all). There are a few reasons for this... My internet was sketchy for a few months, then I started working/looking for work, got REALLY into LARPing... And my attendance here has just waned.

I'd log in for a while, maybe run around with folks, or tell a tale or two... Then log off. I even made a new character! Only to rediscover the low-level blues - those lonely times when, if there were folks around, you could do bunches! But... There's noone really about, and it's REALLY hard to proactively seek folks when your character is horrifically antisocial.

Meanwhile, Pyyran has only one real goal left in life.

I mean to see that goal completed, and then, in all likelihood, our blue-clad Bard-in-training will retire to tell his tales with an N before his P and C. Of course, mayhap, such stirring events will inspire characters and players alike! But...

I've really just lost a lot of my love for - not Layonara - but Neverwinter Nights, and, really, MMOs in general. A few weekends running around, bopping people with foam-padded swords'll do that to a guy. *Chuckles.*

Layonara was a home, for me. A place I could find friends, fight felonous fiends, and perchance procude some... Er... Polished... Uh... Loot. A community which I still love, and an effort I still wholly support. I've made truer friends here than a guy could ask for, and learned a very great deal about myself in the process.

However, while I'm certainly not leaving, I'm not going to be around, much. I've got one more GCDQ - with an updated cast, sadly - and then, my goals are more or less met. I'd hoped to be a WL, a GM... But time and foul fortunes fair f- Er... Messed those ideas up. (Perhaps I should cut back on the alliteration...)

Maybe I'll see a few more of the great tales written. I hope so.

But this... It's your notification of the final push for Pyyran Rahth. One last shot for glory. :)

Planning stages, babe.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, jrizz, Hellblazer

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: This'll make a few folks smile.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »
I'm sorry Shiff won't be there to help his teacher :(  But good luck!  I'm about to re-enter the Low Levels so feel free to poke me if you need some help ;)

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »
Always fun to play with you SZ. So if it wont be quantity anymore I am sure it will still be quality.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:56:43 pm »
I'll keep an eye out. Buzz me when you're ready.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:59:03 pm »
I'm really trying on that quality bit. Just need to clear up the time - I'm aiming for two player sessions, and however many the GM will give us for the GCDQ. Just have to figure out my schedule...

deagle

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 07:48:29 pm »
Do Starr and Quill need to get the healing tables ready?
 :D

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 07:52:14 pm »
Quote from: deagle
Do Starr and Quill need to get the healing tables ready?
 :D
*Grins.* You guys rock, but no... Not unless you can cure old age, and the apathy of one's driving spirit. ;)

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:02 am »
I'll be making a few new characters due in some time from now, a half-giant druid, a dark elf cleric/wizard (kudos to Daralith!), and a dorandite dwarf with a maul.

So feel free to ask from me if you feel like playing, or otherwise as well :)

Oh, and remember, that if you need help with Linux or Windows, I'll be lurking in IRC *grins* 8)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:44:21 am »
What kills me about MMOs is that they're MMOs. I get you man, eventually you just find that while you had a great time here, it's just not as fun as it used to be. And when you look at another game of the same type, you see that it's impossible to get as involved in it as you did here, and you kind of give up hope.

At least I did.

Though I can safely say that of the twenty something characters I've played here in the four or so years I've put into this game, none of them made it past level 19! That's got to be something...

Marswipp

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:54:59 pm »
All of my characters are below level ten... I've also been game-hopping recently, as can be seen with my Xfire game history.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

anything