The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Transition Points  (Read 33 times)

Tazmanius

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
Transition Points
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:19:01 pm »
Can people who leave or drag monsters to zone transitions please either inform a DM if they cannot beat the monster..or go back and kill them if they can..
Not really happy about being put in the situation of losing 16k xp that I have had to really grind for the last day or so  due to this...so please think of others.Clean up your mess.

Lord of the Forest

Re: Transition Points
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 03:22:27 pm »
Luring monsters to ATs is against server rules anyways *shrugs*

curtwise

• View Profile
    RE: Transition Points
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 06:11:23 pm »
    sometimes you dont always no when you've "lured" a monster into a transition or near one. Hence the saying, be prepared for anything, because it might just happen.

Been there and had it happen too! At first i got angry, now i just curse the enemy and try to survive the onslaught.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:21:13 pm »
    I am just saying it is against the rules. I've seen people running over AT because they were almost killed and running away bacause they did not want to die. But usually others die! And if you ask them afterwards they almost yell at you bacause they don't see it is not their fault others die because of you and they don't see that it is not alright.

Tazmanius

• Followers of Rofirein
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 07:54:02 pm »
    yes..you don't always know..but you usaully get a clue from the fact that often one of the creatures comes through with you...but others that use missiles and such...you pretty much know...and so should go back and try to defeat them once healed..or..if you can't defeat it..contact a dm..so others don't fall foul of it.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 03:30:56 am »
    Well, I am only stating what the rules say, at least I hope I am right. There were already several discussions about luring monsters over ATs if you cannot face them. One of these threads can be found here:

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums//thread-view.asp?tid=17491

Just read through the thread and I guess all your questions will be answered. I fort myself don't want a new discussion about it, because rules are rules and they are for a certain reason.
    Let me quote Dorganath:
    As I said, accidents happen.  Monsters get lured out of their little areas, whether intentionally or not, by characters. Sometimes they get themselves into spots they can't get out of, other times they just happen to get too close, or the monsters wander too close.  And my guess is that those that seem to follow you through the transition were already there, dragged by someone else. Or they were behind you and you didn't notice.

Whatever.

The issue with luring has to do with respect for other players.  You may burst into town with orcs on your tail and rush into the happy arms of Garent or Talon or whoever.  Or you may stumble over some brand new player just in from the Dragon Dream. Think about that for a moment.  When you come bursting through those doors, you do not know who you will encounter, and how fair is it to others if they die because you didn't want to?

We could play "what if" all day long. To maintain a practice of luring monsters to towns in order to count on the pawn shops and chickens to kill them is what concerns us here.  Accidents happen, but one should not make a practice of it.

This is well said and I wont say anything more about it issue because it is clear in my mind.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 04:43:42 pm »
    Accidents do happen...Yesterday Tyrian was going to Hlint and a goblin followed her and she didn't know it, he only caught up right as she was transitioning.  He popped out in front of her on the other side and attacked the people sitting on the bench.  There was no way she was intentionally running from him, but it might have looked like that to the others in town...

Its the intentional lures that are bad, but not all are intentional.

Ne'er

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 07:17:11 pm »
    As was stated, sometimes the player is killed near the transition and can't really get the monster away from the point. Other times the player doesn't even realize they are being followed. I know Jet's been chased by Griffons before without me even realizing it until I am nearly out of the area.

But all that said, intentionally luring monsters to an AT is against server rules, as has been stated.

anything