The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Trusted Computing  (Read 86 times)

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
Trusted Computing
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
A short movie about the subject: Trusted Computing

http://www.lafkon.net/tc/

Do you feel safe? ;)

Vyris

RE: Trusted Computing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
Thanks for raising my level of paranoia.

I'm going to go start chopping logs for my fortress in the woods now, I sure will miss indoor plumbing...

Vyris

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 03:12:00 am »
The video has basically no content of any sort it in and it basically just an emotional appeal to peoples feelings about the word "trust."

But I started reading up on this thing... and... yeah... Its pretty screwed up.  The worst thing is that most of the material I was reading was two years old and said that some of these things were due to be implemented "early next year"  being... last year.

-TV

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:31:00 am »
was a really well done movie.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 03:42:00 am »
yeah, but that doesn't make up for the fact that it doesnt acctually tell you anything.

-TV

Kapitän Awesome

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 03:46:00 am »
    It made you question what they were doing, which is probably what it was aimed at. They probably want you to figure out the rest on your own....

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 03:58:00 am »
    Talan > You're right about the content of the video. I don't think it's suppose to inform more than it is suppose to enlighten people about the concept of trusted computing.

So people, put on your tinfoil hats and google "trusted computing"

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 05:12:00 am »
    @ Mr. Awesome and Slipperhero - yeah, I hate falling victim to advertising, whether the aim is to make me buy something or not, but, this did make me go look stuff up, which was surely the goal.  I mean, if the video had any information you wouldn't have to go look it up yourself and people tend to trust things they look up themselves more than things their told (regardless of the fact that they're being told things either way...)

-TV

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 06:22:00 am »
    very interesting.  i'm not computer savvy enough to understand all of the ramifications of such an ordeal, but i have a few friends who are, and i'll send it to them.

Vyris

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 06:50:00 am »
    Talan Va'lash - 9/16/2005  4:12 AM

The video has basically no content of any sort it in and it basically just an emotional appeal to peoples feelings about the word "trust."

But I started reading up on this thing... and... yeah... Its pretty screwed up.  The worst thing is that most of the material I was reading was two years old and said that some of these things were due to be implemented "early next year"  being... last year.

-TV

Talan wanted to be emotionally involved in the plot and have some real depth and developement from the characters, and felt that the underlying movement of the characters motivations should have been better developed *grin* I on the other hand went to the movie purely to be entertained, and since there was a gun and some stuff that looked kinda like blood at one point, and some other stuff that was almost "Python-esque" I was satasfied at with my movie going experience.

*chuckles* *pokes Talan*

Vyris

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 12:28:00 am »
    Vyris - 9/16/2005  7:50 AM

Talan Va'lash - 9/16/2005  4:12 AM

-TV

Talan wanted to be emotionally involved in the plot and have some real depth and developement from the characters, and felt that the underlying movement of the characters motivations should have been better developed *grin* I on the other hand went to the movie purely to be entertained, and since there was a gun and some stuff that looked kinda like blood at one point, and some other stuff that was almost "Python-esque" I was satasfied at with my movie going experience.

*chuckles* *pokes Talan*

Vyris

How'd you know I'm always the one that's complaining about stuff like that while everyone else is like "yah, it was a good movie *munch munch popcorn munch*"

-TV

Decius

• Followers of Lucinda
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 07:24:00 am »

OneST8

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
    For the interested; I've just posted a transcript of this video on my blog.