The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Upcoming New Handbook - Teasers  (Read 635 times)

Ioskeha

Re: Upcoming New Handbook - Teasers
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2007, 11:06:21 pm »
Great stuff!  I think I may have said this before in the past, but meh.  I can't wait to read though the PHB once it's finished.  Read Ed's latest post makes me wish I had the time to login and play. :(

EdTheKet

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 04:48:26 pm »
Mariner's Hold, main port of the kingdom of Sagewald, by Lucius.

Name:   Mariner’s Hold
Terrain:  Plains. The city is slightly over sea level.
Population:  58700 (72% Human, 18% Halfling, 5% Elf, 3% Dwarf, 2% Gnome,)
Alignment:  TN
GP Limit:  75000

History and Rumors:  Mariner’s Hold has evolved from a small halfling fishing village to a major port town of Alindor. From Halin’s commerce deals to the speeches of King William, the town has seen merchants from virtually all lands, endured pirate and giant raids, saw Milara rise and disappear. Lately, farmers from the interior have flocked to the coastline, after losing crops and even whole villages to the sunless skies. This influx of people made Mariner’s Hold grow uncontrollably, leaving many of the new citizens homeless.
The town is also famous for its large Halfling community, scattered through town from trading companies to even circuses. Before the sunless skies came, large parties happened in the summer, bringing up to a thousand Halflings and much more humans together for games and wine.
The port city is often divided into four large areas by the inhabitants: the port itself, with new ships anchoring everyday; the residential area, where the bulk of houses is located; the commerce area, with the trading company headquarters, bank, and other stores; and the castle, where most nobles and the royal family reside.

Government/Politics:  Mariner’s Hold is governed directly by the king, though there are special officers to deal with smaller issues on each area.

Defenses:  Mariner’s Hold is protected by strong stone walls that circle the land part, and protect a large part of the sea as well. Towers stand over the walls, manned by archers and a few siege engines. The army has several warships stationed in the port or in nearby towns, so invading by sea is often worse than by earth. A group of mercenary mages has a tower inside the city, and the government employs them when the situation calls for magical support.

Notable People:  
Disol Rodk – Officer of the port area, Disol is a black-haired middle-aged man that holds power over many of the port authorities. His influence expands even outside of the city, since many towns need the supplies that pass through his port. He’s a confident and slightly arrogant man, and requires flawless work from his subordinates.

Denock Wisefoot – Current owner of the Wisefoot Trading company, one of the largest of Sagewald. This young Halfling tries his best to be like his ancestor Halin, but the pressure is sometimes too great on him. However, even with his somewhat weak leadership, the Wisefoot Company continues to grow.

EdTheKet

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 02:11:07 pm »
Due to the opening of the Citadel of Toran earlier this week, here's Huangjin by Honora:

http://forums.layonara.com/cities-towns-fortresses-dungeons/130032-tilmar-huangjin.html#post581342

anything