The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Nova Quest  (Read 305 times)

minerva

Nova Quest
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:16 am »

This is my new quest series.

It will run on Saturday nights from 8pm eastern to 11:30pm and maybe the occassional marathon session if I (and the party) are up to it.

To keep things enjoyable for me and conversely for you [no one likes a cranky GM] I am imposing some limits and expectations to this series.

First I will not lock it unless the party finds themselves in a place that its not concievable for new people to be or people not on a previous episode to be.

The party size will be 12 or less. In the beginning if more show then dice will decide, as things progress there may be episodes where some have earned preference. I will make every attempt not to exclude people so if in doubt show up. Some times I am feeling better than others and will take more but I want to put a staring limit at 12. Also, if you know at the beginning you cannot commit to the entire session (note I said session, not series) please do not take a spot from someone who could commit to the whole session. I am more than understanding about sick kids, drunk roommates needing bail and the like, but knowing you have to be at work 1/2 way into the event or something just is not fair.

This is a quest about the story, the process and the getting there. It will be RP heavy. You can expect character consequences and dilemmas. At times you might have session where you go absolutely nowhere physically and everywhere developmentally. You might have a session with seat of your pants TPK pending action too but don't count on them too often unless some are very silly or not thinking.

It is for developing personalities and stories not leveling. I will (as much as I can with my busy personal and professional life) try am meld your character into the story as I can. I may make you uncomfortable or make you think about things you never thought your character might have to face.

There will be puzzles. There will be red herrings and brick walls and loose ends.

The quest is open to all alignments and classes and races. Party dynamics however may exclude some or make things more difficult for monsterous races and evil alignments. This is part and parcel of playing these characters. As your GM I will not exclude you but you can be assured that the NPCs will react appropriately and your party may turn hostile on you.

All that said. This quest is for characters level 1 -15. If you start the quest series and level past 19 I will be asking you to retire or take a minimal role. I am telling you this up front. I expect this to last for at least 4 if not 6 months and run for about 6 hours a month in game time and whatever effort the party puts into role play between sessions either ingame or on the forums. For some it may spawn CDQs with me or other GMs.

[SIZE=18]Calendar link[/SIZE]

Nova/Minerva

minerva

Nova Quest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:10:47 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acacea
               View Post

Do you say very grouchily that you are not grouchy? :P

only when they keep getting at me, then I get a bit grouchy

minerva

Re: Nova Quest
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 01:04:20 am »
*squints and looks up*

Not sure where the forum gnomes dug that bit up...

Anyways...

Those on the first quest ... need to ask permission to join the forum as I'm making it private for now.   Most of you should know how to do that but for those in need of a refresher - go to upper left of the screen and the "My Account" pull down menu.  Choose "Edit Options" and then chose "Group Memberships" from the Misc menu at the bottom left.  There should be a list of quests pop up on the right.  There is a spot of  "It All Started" - ask to join and I'll approve you.  

(btw I added another GM on the quest to have approval permission too )

minerva

Re: Nova Quest
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »
This week's session is cancelled for health reasons (recovering from a migraine). Next week I have a halloween party to attend and the following weekend I am working, so the next session is in 3 weeks.

Those all ready active in the quest can use the down time to do some out of quest investigating if they so wish.  If not, see you in wayfare in 3 weeks.

anything