The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Visual Effect on Gloves  (Read 346 times)

FearWhat

• View Profile
    Visual Effect on Gloves
    « on: November 09, 2006, 07:11:25 am »
    // Just wondering if there is a way to add visual to gloves. I have crafted the correct potions to add this. But it does not work. I know in the original campaign you  have visual effects on gloves. thanks for any help.

Lucius

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    RE: Visual Effect on Gloves
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:37:17 am »
    No visual effects on gloves at all. If you're a monk, when you get Ki Strike your punches and kicks leave a blue trail, and when you stun someone the trail is purple.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Visual Effect on Gloves
    « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 12:33:40 pm »
    *About to be cross-posted to NWN suggestions.*

I really wish there were a way to have a visual effect on one's gloves. Maybe one that worked like the Stunning Fist and Ki Strike trails?

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:42:20 pm »
    Must.. resist... furry.. glovs.. comment...

Nrrrrf!....

TALAN'S EXCEPTIONAL GLOVES OF THE FURRY!

*weeps*

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:47:29 pm »
    I for one wish all weapon VFX was done away with.

Etinfall

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 05:08:33 pm »
    I do like the effects. But wish they were only on unique weapons. With that in mind a unique pair of gloves that might add something magical or effect would be cool.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 03:49:37 pm »
    *giggles at doc*

darkstorme

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »
    Etinfall - 11/9/2006  8:08 PM

I do like the effects. But wish they were only on unique weapons. With that in mind a unique pair of gloves that might add something magical or effect would be cool.

Why would effects be only on unique weapons?  A weapon that does cold damage would be frigid when wielded, so frost would doubtless condense on the blade.  A weapon that carries enough of a charge to do physical damage.. well, would be unlikely to show much of anything, but in a magic/sci-fi world would crackle with energy.  A weapon that does fire damage... is on fire.  These all make sense.

To bring up everyone's favourite Drow, Twinkle and Frostbrand each have their respective effects, but neither is unique in the effects they impart.

Just my two coppers.

Etinfall

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 01:03:18 pm »
    Well, I just think that those effects should be harder to have. More special. I really have no problems with the way things are now, I'd just like it a tad better if effects were not so...everywhere.

My iron weapon has fire effect. Could mean the the blade heats up but not catches on fire. In a perfect world (fantasy world) each level of elemental damage would look different, depending on the attributes.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 01:16:17 pm »
    What you have to remember is that the visual effects are nothing more and nothing less than alchemically-produced illusions.

The real effect of the enchantments are varying levels of coloured light they emit.