The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: WANTED: RPers to join strict group  (Read 600 times)

Kolskeggr

• Followers of Dorand
    • Followers of Folian S'pae
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: RPers to join strict group
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 07:51:39 pm »
So, is there anything happening with this?  If this group forms, is there going to be a forum to check in with to see what's going on with the group?

I'm still very interested in doing this.  I plan on staying in Layonara to the very last days. Heck, I just started out, and want to keep playing.  Seems like a lot of others have left for one reason are another.  Kinda sad really. :(

Oh well, keep me informed on what is going on.

Thanks

Ioskeha

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 11:14:11 pm »
I really do like the idea behind this, and can't wait to see what comes from it.  I will not be able to join.  I just don't have the time for it on the weekdays.

This past week was a test for me just to see how much time I could find to play.  That was a big fat zero.  So I wouldn't feel right joining when I wouldn't be able to contribute much.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 11:12:38 am »
This idea is very good. There have been others like it in the past, but none have been able to keep up the dedication and work that is required to keep it running. For something like this to start - and most importantly - to stay with the original ideas, it takes a few people that are willing to do the work needed to keep the players up to date on events and organize times/trips/events etc. If no such individuals exist within the group it is bound to degenerate and will at some point seize to exist.

This is based on my experience, at least.

stragen

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 01:38:24 am »

How about a group of Dorandite dwarves, who are a mercenary crew and a trading company. They could be hired out by an outside group to carry out tasks, and they could be equipped to be useful in a large number of situations. I think it would be cool if they were all neutral and helped, to a large degree, whomever pays well. When they are not carrying out mercenary contracts, they are running their own trade guild, making goods as only Dorandites can make them, and they would offer every item anyone could want.

Don't forget Vorax if you need military dwarves.  As Vorax and Dorand are allies and most dwarves worship one or the other or both then you can expand the roles.  Taking the merc crew one step further and making them a military unit.

Warrior Type 1: Strike Force / Special Ops. (Fighter/Rogue, Battle-Rager/Rogue). A hard hitting axe wielding battle rager.   Willing and able to risk life and limb for the cause, to strike deep and hard.  This warrior will do the 'dirty work' that an honorable Voraxian won't touch.

Warrior Type 2: Scout / Covert Ops. ( Rogue/Ranger maybe Shadow-Dancer).  None know the dark of the mines and caves of Layonrara as the dwarven scout.  Trained in the knowledge of the caves and the creatures that live there this warrior can track even the faintest prints of a dark-elf assassin in the darkest dungeons without disturbing the bats and other natural denizens of the dark.

Warrior Type 3: Defender / Protector.  ( fighter / dwarven defender or paladin ) This warrior up the principals of honour in battle.  Honour and principal is more important then victory or defeat.  With upholding honour comes victory no matter what the battle.

Warrior Type 4: Axe-Samurai.  (Fighter/Weapon Master).  A highly disciplined and focused warrior, the axe is the all.  Greatness come through focus and the honour of Vorax comes with prowess with Vorax's weapon of choice.

Warrior Type 5: Brother of Battle (Monk or Sacred Fist).  All that is needed to uphold Vorax's code is ones fists and one's body.  This warrior has much in common with the Defender/Protector and the Axe-Samurai in term of code of honour.

Warrior Type 6: Priest/General (Cleric).   War is holy, and holy warriors are the leaders of dwarves.  This warrior is a general and leader, he prepares his warrior and leads them into battle from the front.  All look to him for guidance leadership and spiritual council.