The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: War of the Roses  (Read 260 times)

merlin34baseball

War of the Roses
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:36:24 pm »
Ok... kind of a silly idea, but two halflings got into a flower duel today.

We were thinking of setting up a tournament in the arena... using your favorite flowers... no armor, no magic, just pummeling each other with flowers!

Think you have what it takes to win THE WAR OF THE ROSES?

If there's any interest in a silly contest like this let us know and we can put up an event on the calendar...

It was... Hilarious...

I want to see Gork, Steel or a fat dwarf battling it out with tulips!

We also thought roses should get wounding properties added...

Perhaps we can even get a GM to help us a bit with moving the flower girl to the arena for the event! And maybe a silly prize for the victor!

We were also thinking of having a mass brawl at the end after the individual tourney was over.

Some pics of the fun:

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=142941&limit=recent

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=142939&cat=recent&limit=recent

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=142939&cat=recent&limit=recent

My Thanks,
Merlin34

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Hellblazer

RollinsCat

Re: War of the Roses
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:14 am »
Andrew will wield a flower for fun.  set up a date and time and people will come...bring food and drink and put them in chests, encourage wagers - have someone selling flowers...

could be a really good time

edit: add in an entrance fee and contribute it to some cause.  there's nothing us adventurers like more than contributing to a good cause while having fun, we're like the Hollywood of Layonara in that respect.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:28 pm »
Good ideas Andrew!

I'll talk to Teo and flesh out some more ideas... He really wants to do this, so I'd say we'll set a tentative date for a couple of Saturdays from now around 3:00 EST.

Please everyone chime in with more ideas!

As far as a charity goes it will have to be something that two halflings will want to sponsor... any ideas?

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:43 pm »
Also... we've been struggling with how to format the competition... brackets maybe? But we'd have to know who for sure was showing up to make them in advance.

The free for all at the end needs no brackets... we'd just have to take out the biggest and baddest first!

(you do get sneak attack with flowers...);)

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:30 pm »
does a flower count as a weapon?  if not, monks should get their own bracket since almost nobody else takes unarmed.

could have BAB 1, 2, and 3 brackets (then by level range) so you don't have fighters and casters battling it out.

be great if the flowers for the event did have special properties...roses have extra piercing damage, tulips do fire damage, daisies have a daze effect...

Andrew will request a pansy *grin*

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »
Quote from: RollinsCat

I am not sure he could wield Gel'larian ;)

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:47 pm »
What special properties might a pansy have? tumble bonuses to run off or dodge other flowers? ;D

Quote from: RollinsCat

anything