The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Welcome to all the new folks!  (Read 457 times)

orth

Welcome to all the new folks!
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Just wanted to give a friendly hello to all the new folks showing up.  Feel free to ask any questions if you're a little lost, the community is very helpful.  We look forward to seeing you all in game.  Be prepared to lose some sleep.

Cheers!
-o

P.S. In case any of our existing members are wondering about the influx, Layonara has been featured on http://nwn.bioware.com , take a read, great interview Leanthar and thanks to Bioware for their time and exposure!

Vyris

RE: Welcome to all the new folks!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:47:00 pm »
That was a good interview, I hope that anyone who comes to play here because of reading it gets as addicted as I am :)

Vyris

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
*waves to everybody* Welcome and enjoy a great community!

Grid Blader

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 04:25:00 pm »
And what Orth said about losing sleep is very true, It is that much fun.  Good luck to every one.

regnus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
awesome publicity man!  

I can vouch for the lost sleep statement too.  The last quest I was on kept me up so I only had 2 hours sleep before work.  Heh.  No regrets!

Welcome to Layonara.  Come and experience a world where all of the promise of a persistent world is realized.

Awesome job Leanthar and team Layonara!

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »
-laughs- and don't fergit to shop the Basher shoppe fer yer adventurin needs!!!  HAR!!

G

Variable

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 05:57:00 pm »
Welcome, have a lot of fun and a lot of lost sleep as everyone has said

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 05:58:00 pm »
What is sleep? Yes welcome... Sorry but there is no retrun policy for your soul being comsumed.. Jave fun gather up a party and slay that drag.... What? no dragons... bah... ok So what do i use instead of dragons?...... Goblins? you sure? I mean come on... Slaying gobliuns is not a heroic deed...Ok what ever I'm gonna use something else... Sorry folks... My dirctor said no dragons... So grab your friends, join layonara, and go slay a few blinker beast... No blinker beasts? Fine! now shoo... Slay some Orges!

One of us one of us join us!

On a good note Layonara has many ways of kil... I mean many monsters... I kink in the 1000's now thans to Ice Orth and many others. Don't let the high level intimadte ya they are a wealth of in game info.

Fadrien Gweth

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 10:23:00 pm »
    Wow. Glad to see the attention Layonara is recieving. All I can say on this topic is that I started playing Lay.... oh November or December of 2002 which was just after beta 3 released I believe. Even way back then Layonara held me enthralled and I couldn't help but sink endless amounts of time into it. I just knew that great things where going to come.

I mean the amount of time and dedication Leanthar has put into this world of his and the talent he has managed to recruit to help carry out his dreams is just amazing and while I may have had my comp, net, home and whatever else issue's Layonara is the only world that always has, and likely always will hold a special place in my heart. It's the only world I can see myself playing.

All in all I hope everyone finds Layonara as enjoyable as I have and all of you get the oppertunity to see the world as Leanthar intends it to be.... to see his dream behind it. It is beautiful.

Aurhinius

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 11:54:00 pm »
    Just last week I was thinking about time I saw layo on there. Good stuff and well deserved.

freemen2

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 12:02:00 am »
    Hiya ;)
    L.A. meetings will be up as soon as we figure out how to deal with the withdrawal symptoms.

aragwen

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 12:17:00 am »
    I have been playing in Layonara for just over a month and just love this place.
    It is the best gaming experience I have ever had.

Keep it up and as far as sleeps go, if I have to choose between sleep and Layo.
    Layo wins hands down.

Great job everyone.

havoc

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
    the bioware and NWNConnections highlight is how I found this place.

:)

Heathwalker

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 01:46:00 pm »
      Very unpleasant  first reply on their forums though. Such a shame.

KageKeeper

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »
      I came to Layonara due to the NWN interview,

I had been searching for a long time to find a good, strict RPing server that fit all my other critera (orignal content, orignal setting, etc) and so far Layo has not disappointed me one bit.

Everyone has been so incredibly nice to me and helpful as well.

I truly think I will love it here..

Now I just have to be on when one of the great GM quests are occurring..and I know it is only a matter of time.

Thanks to L for creating this place and thaks to Team Layo for the extraordinary work you all do!

Luna

anything