The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: What's an aventurer to do?  (Read 659 times)

jadewillow

What's an aventurer to do?
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:52:37 pm »
Many of us have lamented recently about the waning of players IG these days. Use to be we could hop on and within 30 minutes find 2 or 3 like minded adventures that we could go out and explore with. Now a days seems the few that are on are involved in crafting or some other endeavor and not readily available for said adventuring. With such a colorful world seems a shame not to explore. So what is an adventurer to do?

1.   Solo : Is not nearly as fun and is darn dangerous ?
2.   Attend GM Quests : Probably a personal issue, but RL schedule has made this very difficult in recent times.
3.   Make it happen with player events : Thank you to Chazzler and Chongo (in the past) for doing this so well. I wish more would/could do this including myself.

Are there other options? Technical feasibility aside, would a scheduling tool (either IG or on the web site), where players could sign up and tell everyone when they would be available for adventuring be helpful. Just a thought, but would welcome the discussion.

The following users thanked this post: Guardian 452, Chazzler

Guardian 452

Re: What's an aventurer to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »
Gotta have a reason to want to log in. Things are too stagnant right now. Lets hope for an infusion of enthusiasm from the player base when the update gets here.

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:06:22 am »
Also seeing less folks on as we approach fall and holidays, etc.  Random meets are getting harder for sure; really have to set something up in advance.  Could be a simple/spontaneous forum post like "I'll be on in three hrs to run around a bit; meet at Mirtrix."  Or you could do it more formal and also use the calendar if you wanted to plan it a few days in advance.  A reoccurring event/time to gather might work too if you can find a few folks to agree on a favorable time-frame (the Angels used to get a good group on doing this).

I know, not much help right  :D

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 10:00:06 am »
I am planning on a dangerous trip to the Shadow Temple on Belinara, next Sunday. :)

Calendar

Aphel

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »
Right. Focus on one character so he gets high enough level to actually come along.
Well.
That an the time.

anything