The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Where are all tha dwarf lasses at?  (Read 2195 times)

lonnarin

Where are all tha dwarf lasses at?
« on: May 09, 2005, 01:01:00 am »
SERIOUSLY!

How we dwarves gonna repopulate da globe iffn dey ain any lasses wit wide stocky child bearin hips an whiskers?  Ah still've yet ter meet me first REAL woman since movin ter Mistone....  Ahm gonna go bloody INSANE!!!  Kinnah make young uns wit em elf lasses, dey snaps loike hickory!

Please please please, dwarf lasses, visit da submission forum, an coome ter Hlint.  Ye gots a Bjorn, Gloin, Gulnyr, Harg, Breunor, and so many more foine rich stocky lads dat needs lovin too.  Layonara needin more dwarven wimmins!

-Bjornigar Ironguts

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, RobynRivers

Thunder Pants

RE: Where are all tha dwarf lasses at?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 01:19:00 am »
i've been here 2 years, and i believe there has only been one female dwarf submission ever, and she was Drueger.......it's just a combination that isn't popular, like halforc females

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 04:10:00 am »
Actually make it 2, with Locust's character, 'Da Cruncha', if i'm not mistaken, though. ^_^

Thunder Pants

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 04:16:00 am »
ok, i didn't realise that da cruncha was a female dwarf, ok, so 2 then, one active

Deranor

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 05:28:00 am »
    First of all, not a lot of people like dwarf, and I don,t know why 'cause they are pretty good fighter. Now you ask for female dwarf! Ths will be a life's quest to find one maybe master dwarf. Keep on searching, i don't got name for you both those two gave you some.

But there's also not a lot of female char vs the number of male char, for each race except human and maybe elf. Those are the two race most people take, that's why you can sometimes see a female passing by.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 06:10:00 am »
    actually i could be wrong but i think the halfling female to male is higher

Locust

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 08:02:00 am »
    Oye ‘andsome wit’ t’e iron pants w’as t’is about t’e females. Me’s got t’em pointers under t’e ‘ood and me’s can s’ake t’em anda it will make yous eyes grow tall anda make yous tremble like volcano. Oess.

Anda if yous can make me’s ‘appy me’s can make yous ‘appy buts lets me's tell yous it not gonna be easy wit' t'em iron pants on. Oess. T’at s’ould be enoug’.

*snorts*

Oyeoyeoyeoye. ‘e’s muss ‘ave t’e manure in t’e eyes

Aryn Ravenlocke

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 09:39:00 am »
    I can think of at least one more female dwarf I have seen running about. But no, there are not many. But since the male/female ratio of dwarves is skewed so much in the population, females are usually well protected within clanhold. Want to se some dwarven females? Go visit Ulgrid.

YT

steverimmer

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
    hehe the reason I have never tried a dwarven character even though I must have the record now surely for the most characters, is that I don't think I could sustain a scottish accent for more then 10 seconds without bursting into laughter :)

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
    *chuckles at Steverimmer for the accent comment*
      *continues to chuckle at the 'record for most characters'*
      Yes, sir...you most certainly do have the record. :) 

Gulnyr

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
    I gave up on the Scottish attempt.  I still say "bloody," "cannae," and "didnae," and throw in a "wee" now and then, but now it's mostly just something I can hear in my head and try to spell out.  

Don't think Dwarves must have Scottish accents.  Like Gulnyr tries to explain, there are a variety of Dwarves.  Those from the Grey Peaks probably sound different than those from the Berhagens, just like people from Boston sound different than people from Houston, or London, or New Delhi.  

The Scottish accent is fun, though.

"An' Ah sar a 'ole lorta fine Dwarven lasses terday.  Mebbe Ah'll tell ye boot it efter Ah've gort me pick."

freemen2

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 10:59:00 pm »
    Keep it in yer head, took me 3 times reading that sentence to get it heh heh :p

Warheart

• View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 08:37:00 am »
      Well it is just like the orginal NWN campaign and Shadows of Undrentide.. I only saw 1 dwarf female and only one female half-orc.. women are just as strong as men you know ;)

Thunder Pants

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
      well the main reason is most people that play a female character like to have something nice to look at while they play, and honestly dwarven and halforc females don't quite fit the bill

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
        • Followers of Rofirein
        • View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »
      I agree with the point that people want something nice to look at...and well, for me at least, half-orc female and "pretty" doesn't really go well together. Dwarven lass's are better though...but still ;)

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
      *Vigg walks in holding a jug of ale*
      Oi! If the lass aint got a beard she aint worth the time!
      *Drinks his ale, burps and walks out*

anything