The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Who are your heros?  (Read 1367 times)

Pen N Popper

Who are your heros?
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:23 pm »
This isn't like the Hall of Fame where the PC has to be dead for five years before being inducted. Who are the PCs that you recall as being most influential to you OOCly or ICly, and why.... and.... go!

Pen N Popper

Re: Who are your heros?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »
A couple that strike me are:

Daren Valhaikor
Talan Va'lash
Acacea Thistletounge

All of them were very welcoming OOCly and supportive ICly.

Guardian 452

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:16:59 pm »
Merry Thorn - Halfling Ranger who showed Enzo the ropes when I 1st joined Layo. She basically took Enzo under her wing and she definitely influenced who he is today. Her favorite quote... "Im not that good at hiding... you big people dont know how to look!"

THE RED CAPS!
See the video http://forums.layonara.com/local_links.php?catid=5

Rhizome - (The Druid - Heiropant) Enzo met Rhizome early on after (probably within the 1st week of me joining Layo). For years you wouldnt see one of them with out the other being there. Often both of them trying to win over the same woman... LOL

Plenarius - Even though Enzo thought he was a rogue when they 1st met (Plen was wearing a black leather suit then). Plen was the cleric of "The Red Caps" Hit connection with Katia was strong... strong enough that in time he became the bird lord.

Arenis (The Meat Shield) - Arenis was a brave some might have said cocky but he could always back it up fighter. A loyal companion who wasnt afraid to lay his life on the line for his friends or what was right.

Duran Axehaft (The Dwarf) - "For me pal Vorax! He would shout this before most battles.... I will never forget he hated boats... he would rather trudge along the bottom of the body of water than ride in a boat.

All these people helped make Enzo who he is today, especially as far as fighting and tactics are concerned.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:22:09 pm »
Acacea, definitely.

Gulnyr the Grim (the actual character)

Derrick Loadson (the iconic black knight and founder of the Arms)

Kali (the gypsy)

Yardislan (master scribe and battle brother to Cole Norseman)

Reventage

Plenarious

Alayna (one of Diamond Edge's many deceased characters)

Aleister

Celgar

... probably more that I'm not remembering.

Aerimor

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:02:57 pm »
Kali

Amanda

Alatriel

Sasha

Hedessa

'Old Ben' Poetr

Hmm, everyone on this list is people that Raz has kissed.  But by no means everyone that he has kissed.

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »
Trent

Angela

Alantha

Arkolio

Salaron

More I'm sure, but those hit me first

Edit: I'll second Sasha as well, oh and Sala

Shiokara

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 12:01:57 am »
Acacea - for her talks and walks with Zahid

Daniel Benjamin Poetr - for his attempt to keep Eoanira Ceviran busy through duty

Kurn, Gorm, and Argos - All very influential characters for Nokka

Andrew William Reid - for consistent opportunities in character development

Anyone who sends a quiet tell complimenting a character despite said character rubbing consistently and constantly on their characters' nerves IC. This encouragement allows me to keep playing strange concepts that don't move far past level 7. Thank you.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 12:36:03 am »
These are the characters (and their owners) who made a real impression on me when I first joined Layonara and to whom I owe a debt of gratitude:

• [LORE]Jacrum Shieldbreaker[/LORE] adopted both Vlanin and Argali when they first set out on their adventures
  • [LORE]Jin Lun Lee[/LORE], half dark elf exponent of Folian S'pae, played the wise mentor for Argali
  • [LORE]Sasha Tomyris[/LORE], valkyrie, battlesister and example for the reserved Argali for how combat should be joined
  • [LORE]Hilda Von Axeweilda[/LORE], ever the epitome of dwarven femaleness
  • [LORE]Brandin Fleetfeet[/LORE], aka "Dogboy", ladies man (halfling), not even dissuaded by a full dwarven hug
  • [LORE]Arkolio Salvorre[/LORE] (nee de'Averlain), yeah, he could be nice back then

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 01:22:34 am »
Alleina
Angela
Alantha
Storold
Wanark

willhoff

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 01:23:47 am »
Tuff to put only a few but the ones that I think of off the top of my head:

Sasha-sexy warrioress on a mission-played as a girl so well I thought that Dezza was a she for a while

Angela-a cutting tounge and showed me lots of places with fun battle rp

Alantha-the ying to Angela's yang, an epic that I looked up to

Ben-I still remember going into the orc fortress with him for the first time, incredible rp and almost had my first pvp when we first met

Hedessa-what I think of when I think of a xeenite cleric, super fun to be around

Salaron-has me rolling laughing everytime I'm around him, an rp style that is unique and imaginative

Arkolio-Another one that makes laugh as well and isnt afraid to step on toes to keep it real

Trent-What I thought of when I think of a battle priest.  Always up for a run to the deep and we had many a great fights together.

orth

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:31 am »
As Enzo mentioned, the Red Caps!

Man the names could keep piling up, I feel kinda mad I missed out on the last couple of years and all the wonderful characters I have missed out on. Here are some choice names from the past eight years.

[lore]Acacea Thistletounge[/lore]
[lore]Arestes[/lore]
[lore]Athus Dephillie[/lore]
[lore]Brac'ar Fireface[/lore]
[lore]Brisbane[/lore]
[lore]Cole Norseman[/lore]
[lore]Connor Garvill[/lore]
[lore]Derrick Loadson[/lore]
[lore]Eldárwen Hilliaraname[/lore]
[lore]Gotak Gungur[/lore]
[lore]Jennara Creekskipper[/lore]
[lore]Kasha Rosewyne[/lore]
 [lore]Kavil Yodin[/lore]
 [lore]Kobal Bluntaxe[/lore]
[lore]Lalaith Va'lash[/lore]
[lore]Lia Di'iamakir[/lore]
[lore]Llunieninque Artuile'rosse[/lore]
[lore]Lueanne Lightfinger[/lore]
[lore]Reventage D'vinn[/lore]
 [lore]Rufus Coldfinger[/lore]
[lore]Ozymandias Llewellyn[/lore]
[lore]Talan Va'lash[/lore]
[lore]Ta'karsh Blacklung[/lore]
[lore]Triba Gues[/lore]
[lore]Vin Onyxshade[/lore]

Masterjack

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 05:48:35 am »
First off I have to mention Beli's mentor and the one who showed me the ropes. LORE: Garnet Stonesmythhy followed by
LORE: Sallaron Tempest who joined Layo at the same time as me and Beli's favorite friend.
LORE: Varka Cleaveson was and still is the dwarven anchor and major influence for all my dwarven characters
LORE: Jennara Creekskipper for simply being who she is and setting a fine example
LORE: Andrew William Reid for simply being awesome at RP and his general creativity

lastly LORE: Pen N Popper has a way of making any character at any level become special and interesting.

I would like to point out that all of these people influenced me before their individual characters made level 20.

Special mention goes to GMs Minerva and Harlas Ravelkione who helped influence my characters and made me better at RP.

Chazzler

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 06:02:05 am »
Oh man, there are so many!
But I would point out the members of the late guild The Explorers, mainly Sallaron and Tegan with which I had a blast of a time each and every time.
Fenrir Thornaxe, the epitome of a dour dwarf!
PenNPopper's each character has made an impact on the world in one way or the other and his RP is second to best if not the best. Such immersion.
Acacea Thistletongue, R.I.P!
Arkolio Salvorre -  Why you master mind behind all wicked things! (Yeah I bet it's you isn't it?)
So many more that I can't remember anymore

Alatriel

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 06:41:59 am »
Michaelis Draego
Sasha Tomyris
Argali Trueaxe
Balazar
Steel
Ben Poetr

Anamnesis

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:57 am »
Anyone who has ever taken the time to RP with any of my characters. The list is long and everyone deserves recognition. Simply put my characters would be nothing without all of you.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

cbnicholson

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:28 am »
Anamesis has it right, but if I had to make a list..in no particular order.

Jennara
Acacea
Steel
Daniella
Jillian
Aerimor
(just about anyone who has been a member of the Angels Guild- Long list there!:D)
Storold
Angela and Alantha or A squared as I remember them in my head. :p
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 09:24:09 am »
Ack! I forgot Varka and Gotak! How could I forget the dwarves?! Thansk for the reminder, orth.

RollinsCat

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 10:48:17 am »
Andrew's heroes...

The Tenkers, Beli and Buddy - it was Beli who gave Andrew his first paid gig and Buddy who - wait - can't talk about it.  First rule of the club.

Jaelle Thornwood, instrumental in shaping Andrew early on, also part of the creation of Willie the Bard, and the reason he quit drinking for good.

Argali Trueaxe, for bringing Andrew into Lor and helping him create James Standish.

Lana Poetr, Melody Widgeweaver, Gel'larian Windsbreath, and Kira for duets, performances, and collaborations.  They have inspired and challenged Andrew to be a better songwriter and musician.

Jennara Creekskipper, too much rp to tally here.  One reason Ty didn't turn out as screwed up as he could have.

Elohanna, for being the reason Andrew finally grew up.  Well, mostly.

Arkolio - for one curt nod and and a gesture to a minion that resulted in dreams coming true.

and Angela/Alantha, for taking a teeny tiny bard places he had no business being and for Lor.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:50:35 am »
I also have to add on Varka. The rebuilding of Bloody Gate was an important movement for most dwarf PCs.

Chazzler

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:39:08 pm »
Yes of course, Benjamin Poetr, the RP from that sneaker was great. r.i.p. Ben.
And of course the extravagant RP of Lonnarin, such creativity!