The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Workaround for Layonara Custom Icons for Coloured Icons Users  (Read 593 times)

Blackguy

Alright I found a workaround for those of you outthere like me, who may or maybee didnt get the icons to work. It requires abit of editing in the layo_controlV3r3.hak . But its nothing to be afraid of.

First off, make a copy of your layo_controlV3r3.hak and rename your old one to something like layo_controlV3r3.bak. Its better to have a working copy lying around, if/when it goes wrong. Or you can simply download the working layo_controlV3r3.hak again here.

Then you need to download the three icons that Gulnyr made, you can find those here. You also need a hakpak editor. A very simple one can be found here.

Alright now that you got all your basics you need to first open your layo_controlV3r3.hak in your editor. By scrolling down in the list you will come across 3 files called is_BracStorm.tga, is_CrackOrb.tga and is_Tempest.tga

Mark those three files and remove them, you right-click and press remove.
Then at the top there is a option to add files. Click it and select the files that Gulnyr made instead. Save your hakpak and fire nwn up, it should then work with these colored icons instead.

A reminder to people. You do this at your own risk, and if there is a possible  update to Layonara where the layo_controlV3r3.hak is getting exchanged for a new one, you will most likely need to do it all over again.

I hope this have been helpfull. If you need a hand with it, send me a pm, or catch me on IRC.

Cheers and happy spellweaving.

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman

Gulnyr

Re: Workaround for Layonara Custom Icons for Coloured Icons User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:11:45 pm »
Are they actually called ls_SpellName.tga in the .hak?  Ls_?  If they are, that is the problem, as the icons I posted are called is_SpellName.tga.  Lower case I.  If the override icon names don't match the .hak names, they won't work, and if the .hak names are ls_, then they don't match.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:23:59 pm »
I think Ls would make more sense... Layo spell and all. [/uninformed opinion]

Blackguy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:27:29 pm »
no mine is a lowercase i. I'll edit this now.

Gulnyr

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:28:37 pm »
Heh, other spell icons are named is_Spallname.tga, like is_magmiss.tga for Magic Missile.  My guess is it's short for 'icon, spell,' but who cares as long as it works, right?

Edit: And, y'know, dang.  I was hoping it was an L in the .hak.  Easy fix.

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:56:08 am »
*bumb* If you have used this fix before the patch, you need to do it again.