The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: World policy update -- Discussion  (Read 950 times)

Dorganath

Re: World policy update -- Discussion
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »
Chongo went into plenty of detail, so I won't (thanks, Chongo!)

But more simplistically, yes..."disproportionately" is the key word here.  There is a line where luring goes from a sound tactic to a cheat or an exploit, especially with the game's AnsI (Artificial not-so-Intelligence) being what it is.

I have seen people taking half steps with their characters until the one closest NPC in a spawn group notices him when another NPC in the same spawn just a few feet away remained oblivious...and then repeat this for the whole spawn. I've also seen people lure creatures back to some of our unkillable NPCs. These types of things definitely cross the line. These aren't the only examples.

So if it feels like you're getting away with something, you probably shouldn't do it.  If you have a question, ask a GM. We'd rather take the time to watch or answer questions instead of disciplining them or banning them.

Chongo

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
Chongo went into plenty of detail, so I won't (thanks, Chongo!)

It's my uncanny ability to be extremely concise that makes me the forum phenomenon that I am.

Guardian 452

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
Has there been any consideration to the SS system? Tweaking it in some way (like rolling higher than 1d100 perhaps), increasing amount until perm, phasing out completely etc.

Thanks
G-452

Rowana

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 02:16:30 am »
There has been consideration to the SS system/purpose/Graceful Pleas etc. It will not be changed at this time. I am not going to dive into discussion about the aspect of the game. Pretty much nothing has changed since the last discussion threads on the matter. Just making a short reply here to keep the question from seeming to be ignored.

~row

willhoff

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »
Multiclassing with a basic class from level thirty on will -not- be approved without a supporting WLDQ.
PrC multiclasing will remain the same.

This quote taken from the new character approval rules seems to imply that the new WLDQ requirement for multiclassing basic classes at level 30 and onward does not appy to multiclassing with a PrC class at level 30 and onward.

If thats not the intent of the rule then you may want to change it to prevent confusion in the future.

Dorganath

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 08:29:31 am »
Quote from: willhoff
This quote taken from the new character approval rules seems to imply that the new WLDQ requirement for multiclassing basic classes at level 30 and onward does not appy to multiclassing with a PrC class at level 30 and onward.

If thats not the intent of the rule then you may want to change it to prevent confusion in the future.

That is the intent.  PrCs are handled differently than basic classes.

We make a definite distinction between basic classes and PrCs.  The PrC policy is pretty well-defined. This policy change adds a layer to basic classes.  PrCs have their own set of RP requirements and they can generally be considered to be a natural progression from whatever base class(es) a character already has (examples: Wizard (or Wizard/Fighter) -> Spellsword, Cleric -> Undead Slayer, Druid -> Shifter, Fighter -> Weapon Master, etc.)  By contrast, basic classes tend to be more separated from each other. Read over the whole portion related to basic class multiclassing and you will see in there the reasoning behind this policy and its wording.