The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: xp for dm quests  (Read 1730 times)

pulindar

• View Profile
    xp for dm quests
    « on: May 07, 2005, 07:01:00 am »
    i heard that xp was given according to level on DM run quests and it just accured to me to ask whether ECL was taken into account when this happened.

Nothing more thanks for all responses.

Leanthar

RE: xp for dm quests
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 07:18:00 am »
    Nope, xp per level is just that (when dm's give out xp).  ECL is only used by the xp system when killing creatures.

Guardian 452

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:13:00 am »
    Ya hear that all you ECL 3's!?

Get on some quests already!!!  ;)

G-452

Warheart

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 03:01:00 pm »
      It is fair that the dm's don't take ECL into concideration.. I tought so at first, but hell..You chosed the damn race now live with it  ;)

And besides, it's more fun to get a level up after long time when you sit down with a good ale and say :
      "I earned it!"

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 04:31:00 pm »
      Well... the quest xp scale goes up as you level to take the expanded xp chart into account.  If an ECL 3 was considered three levels higher than they are... then they would acctually be getting a LOT more xp than they would otherwise heh.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 04:36:00 pm »
      basically the DMs have enough to worry about without having to try and figure out how much xp each of the different ECLs should be recieving

should the ECL3 characters get less xp from the quests? yes, but should we torment out DMs with more math then they already do? heck no

Guardian 452

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »
      It isnt worth the hassle.

and it is win win...

You get more EXP... we get more people to torment.... er I mean guest for.   ;)

G-452

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 10:49:00 am »
      Guardian 452 - 5/7/2005  9:13 AM

Ya hear that all you ECL 3's!?

Get on some quests already!!!  ;)

Not to mention those of you players who look points in Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Info and Persuade.  Milara killed everyone BUT Farros one time, only because his persuade skill and my joke managed to make him chuckle.  Sure it was at the expense of my crispy fried allies, but they were a dead audience anyway...

anything