The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: You Will Be Missed  (Read 2629 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

You Will Be Missed
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:09:54 pm »
Jonathan Selmek aka Daren Valhaikor aka poohbear383340 died this morning in a fatal car crash.  

He was a great roleplayer and really knew how to throw you a curve. His characters were well known and quite diverse from each other.

You will be sorely missed.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: You Will Be Missed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:25 pm »
O.O!

Oh my gosh...  :(

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:13:36 pm »
Very sorry to hear this.  My condolences to his friends and family.

Masterjack

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »
Oh my that is sad. He helped me out when I first started here. My condolences to his family and friends.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »
Reality check. Harsh.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:47:25 pm »
This is always sad, he was a great man all around... My thoughts goes to his family and friends.

ystrday

You Will Be Missed
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:35 pm »
My deepest sympathy to his family and friends during this very difficult time. I do remember RPing with him, he was a great RPer. My thoughts to you as Jil for losing your friend as well.

Grid Blader

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:52 pm »
I can not really belive it...  He will be very missed

jadewillow

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:16:00 pm »
I can remember some great RPing with Daren. This is terrible. My prayers to his family and friends.

jrizz

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »
So sad.

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 10:59:16 pm »
This is very tragic. My personal sympathies go to his family, friends and loved ones.

minerva

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:25:25 pm »
There really are no words that seem enough.

mezzfit

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:45:59 am »
    Hello, all.

I worked with Jonathan and we are all deeply shocked by what happened this morning.

I remembered this evening, while trying to wrap my mind around it, all the mornings we used to talk about the quests that he was currently involved in with you all.  He spoke fondly of you and urged me to join in, but I never got around to it.

I figured I would see if I could find his user name and notify the community of his accident and was touched to see the responses that are already here.

He will be missed...

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:06:40 am »
    Thanks for coming on and sharing that memory with us. Please express to his friends and family our deepest condolences.

Chazzler

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 05:43:29 am »
    Oh man.. Very sad to hear about this. :(

ycleption

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:56 am »
    My condolences to Jil, and everyone else affected by his death. Very sorry to hear about this.

Honora

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 10:43:19 am »
    Jon and I spent many evenings chatting on Scype, writing together, talking about my old hometown (Toledo).

He and I wrote the first draft of Dregar together, the skeleton built over a massive hours-long phone call going bit by bit over the new map.

He ran my first CDQ (and my second).

He didn't take well to me joining the MMO team. Heated discussions were had. We didn't speak again after that.

And now, I really do wish I'd say hello at least once in all that time. Jil and I would chat once and a while, and she'd update me on how he was doing. When I got the IM last night it hit me.

My heart goes out to Jil, and to his family.

cbnicholson

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 11:37:32 am »
    I am very sorry to hear this.:(  I didn't know the player, but I remember meeting Daren with Jil as Daniel almost 4 years ago.  I don't think he knew what to make of me, nor I him, but I still found myself alternately laughing and scratching my head.
    "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:32 am »
    Jon and I spent many evenings chatting on Scype, writing together, talking about my old hometown (Toledo).

He and I wrote the first draft of Dregar together, the skeleton built over a massive hours-long phone call going bit by bit over the new map.

He ran my first CDQ (and my second).

He didn't take well to me joining the MMO team. Heated discussions were had. We didn't speak again after that.

And now, I really do wish I'd say hello at least once in all that time. Jil and I would chat once and a while, and she'd update me on how he was doing. When I got the IM last night it hit me.

My heart goes out to Jil, and to his family.

So many memories, with him, his characters, his leaving Layo. The things we take for granted, the things we make so big yet are so trivial. A single thread of rememberence will never do it all justice, all eventually lost and forgotten until tragedy reminds us again.

Maybe an OOC wall of memory, hall of heroes, maybe these forums aren't the place for that, yet we are a community. Very hard to express myself with this on my mind.

DMOE

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 01:12:04 pm »
    *blinks*

Erm.....I....Yeah.....Excuse me while I go remember and likely cry a lot...Missed.... *insert word the filter deletes* straight!

If anyone has any details of the funeral it would be appreciated.