The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 2 items for my character.  (Read 642 times)

Chazzler

2 items for my character.
« on: September 30, 2005, 06:21:00 am »
As the topic suggests, I would like to get 2 minor items for my character. The first would be a mage staff, with no additional properties, so it would be like a quarterstaff but with the mage staves' skins. The next one would be the sort of wieldable book that I've seen in game.
I've asked for these for 2 times on the DM channel, but to no response, that is why I am posting this here. Thank you.

Character: Godim Harjumaa

-Chazzler

Ar7

RE: 2 items for my character.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:26:00 am »
You'll need to ask for the book ingame, you've just been unlucky and there was no DM online.

As for the staff, there is a simple solution. If you want it to be a simple walking stick, that looks like a staff, with no enchantments, then you can modify a lesser gemsetting tool to look any way you like. It will won't cost you almost anything and the modification DC should be easy enough, as I assume you are a wizard.

PsychicToaster

• Followers of Lucinda
    • Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:49:00 am »
the downside is the attack and damage penalty making it completely infeasable to hang on to when the enemy closes the gap.

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
Yes, I've already got the gemsetting tool as my decorative staff, but it certainly is quite useless as a weapon :)
What I'd like to know that is it possible for me to get a staff like I described for some payment, or perhaps as a DM quest item?

PsychicToaster

• Followers of Lucinda
    • Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 06:14:00 pm »
You can purchase wizard staves from players, they're CNR items under Infusion.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 08:34:00 pm »
Yeah, if you want a real staff get a real staff.

I don't think any sod with a gemsetting tool should be able have a swirly staff.

-TV

anything