The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Controlled PvP Duel system -Already Implemented  (Read 473 times)

morunas

Controlled PvP Duel system -Already Implemented
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »
Hi!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place *scratches head*

The other day someone mentioned something about PvP... well I thought it over onto this:

Controlled PvP Duel system: players (alone or parties) can defy players to PvP in a controlled environment (arena). This can include a betting system (players that will duel AND players who assist the duel) can place bets! This way you can minimally attract people that enjoy PvP to Layo without damaging the system. RP motives to start a duel can range all possibilities (settle "disagreements", just for fun, by the need/vice of betting, etc.). The duels should be mediated in the sense that there is a superior authority present (NPC) that makes sure nobody dies (or if it does is resurrected). The bets should be registered so there are no exploits. There could be duel modes (for instance: no magic duel, or only magic duel, or whatever)

darkstorme

Re: Controlled PvP Duel system
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »
PvP is widely available in Layonara.

If you're interested in a consequences-free duel, the Arena in Ft. Vehl is meant for precisely this.  Death is non-permanent in the Arena, and side bets, direct bets, and circumstances of the duel (no magic, only magic, etc.) can be arranged by those involved.

If you're interested in challenging another character for satisfaction, or simply because they're a Dark Elf, that's what the PvP widget in your inventory is for.  Use the widget on them, and if they accept, sixty seconds later the fight is on.

You can read all about PvP in Layo in the Player Rules.

Hope that helps!

morunas

Re: Controlled PvP Duel system
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:51:07 pm »
Heh thanks! Had no clue of this o.O

darkstorme

Re: Controlled PvP Duel system -Already Implemented
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:51 pm »
Moved to "Implemented Ideas".