The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donation Bins  (Read 453 times)

Victor

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
Donation Bins
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »
As a crafter, my character's current options are to either throw his work away, sell it to the pawn shop, or sell it to another player.  My character is a smith and a worshipper of Dorand.  Tossing perfectly good tools into the garbage seems disrespectful.  He would gladly sell his work for a fraction of its value, if he knew it would go to good use.  However, pawnshops wisk the weapons away, never to be seen again, and town merchants refuse to buy his work.  My character is no merchant.  He has no wish to spend his time looking for other characters who are interested in what he makes and extorting what other merchants consider a fair price.

For these reasons, I would like to see the donation bins discussed in this thread implemented.  To summarize, donation bins placed at each temple could remove items placed in them from the game and add their listed value to the temple's treasury, which could be listed on the website. Donation bins could serve the dual purpose of both removing excess items from the game and provide developers with a way to track support for the churches.  These funds could be used to drive events of interest to the church, much like the Mistone War Effort resulted in the increase of the nations naval might.

Is this feasible?

-----

Leanthar

RE: Donation Bins
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »
*nods* I am definetly disgussing this sort of thing. We have had some talks on the project team as well. We have a lot going on so we need to be careful what projects we take on, but this one is a pretty good idea if implemented correctly.

orth

Re: Donation Bins
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:04:39 am »
This was implemented.

Victor

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
Re: Donation Bins
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 07:24:34 pm »
I just completed a pilgrimage to the Citadel of the Hammer.  I'm thoroughly impressed by the implementation of this feature.  I think characters of all faiths can get good use out of it.

anything