The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Edible Honey  (Read 740 times)

vgn

Edible Honey
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:00 am »
Not really a bug per se, but I noticed for the first time this weekend that you can't eat the honey. I never had someone who wanted to, but Amra would sure like to eat a nice big dollop. Can we make the honey edible?

IDii

RE: Edible Honey
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:49:00 am »
*imagines someone surviving just by eating honey* Uh... Kinda makes me feel sick. :)

I like the idea though. Thought about bringing this up myself a few times.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:32:00 am »
    What about the licorice then? Lots of Scandinavins here missing salty licorice.

Licorice ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *drollops*

:)  :)  :)  :)
    Rolf

Edit: sorry to hijack I completely agree with the honey. Mapple syrup is the same right?

IDii

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
    Mmm.. Licorice...

That's a spell component for haste too. Would make it fun to play mages who loved licorice and haste spells and just couldn't decide whether to eat the licorice or cast the spell.. Heehee.

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 04:52:00 pm »
    Actually, Honey is quite nurishing (especially "royal jellie").

Many primitive cultures of europe and the middle east uses honey in water or a light broth to sustain people who were so sick they could not keep anything down.

Organicly, Honey is packed full of simple carbohydrates that are very easy for the human body to absorb (many simple carbohydrates are broken down by saliva and absorbed in the mouth and esophiglial lining) and digest via cellular metabolism.

It is so packet full of simple carbohydates that, given consistantly to a normal person with a modern activity level (a.k.a sitting on butt in front of a computer) that it would simulate tooth decay and weight gain.

Just my two sense from two year's study of Molecular Cellular Biology at Berkeley before giving up and becoming a Poli Sci major. ;)

RouterBlade

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 06:12:00 pm »
    .....nice O.O i feel like im at school again >.

orth

Re: Edible Honey
    « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:51:36 pm »
    Licorice and Honey were made edible.  About as nourishing as berries.

Desicardo

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:17:37 am »
    How bout Honey wine? Mead, nectar of the gods, and several other names come to mind for this historic Norse drink... Honey, bucket of water, brewers yeast... actually make it R/L and it is quite yummy.

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:50:16 am »
    Desicardo - 2/20/2007  2:17 AM  How bout Honey wine? Mead, nectar of the gods, and several other names come to mind for this historic Norse drink... Honey, bucket of water, brewers yeast... actually make it R/L and it is quite yummy.
     Nice idea, but it's going to get lost here, I guarantee. This forum is for ideas that have already been put in. If you want to suggest something new, you should put it in one of the suggestion forums.

CHAzz

• View Profile
      Re: Edible Honey
      « Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 11:51:22 pm »
      its also the national drink of Ethiopia