The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Maps: Whitehorn vs Horn Kingdoms  (Read 634 times)

Acacea

Maps: Whitehorn vs Horn Kingdoms
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
While I'm not against similarities in names, it seems passing strange and more than a little redundant to see that Northern Mistone kingdom is named for the Whitehorn forest which dominates it, named for its lore - and Northern Belinara is dominated by this historical Great Forest in a last bastion of nature kind of way, in which the Great Oak is found and all sorts of crazy stuff, and its just called the Horn Kingdom, named for a Fort Horn which is a bit away from another Whitehorn.

I'm not sure what exactly the suggestion is, it just seems like the name was picked a bit randomly despite that it does sort of make it look like it's just copied from Mistone's, you know? I kind of doubt it was intentional, but suppose that if everyone is against changing it something could be written to account for the strangeness. Altering names isn't as hard as writing things around stuff though, so I thought I would mention it hopefully. ;)

EdTheKet

Re: Maps: Whitehorn vs Horn Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 07:04:22 pm »
Err, the northern kingdom of Mistone is called Trelania, see the map. You must have an erroneous map that was put up there initially.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 07:23:07 pm »
She is talking about White Horn Forest (on Mistone) and Horn Kindom (on Belinara). And that there is a town in the Great Forest named White Horn.

This is as intended and as planned. There is a reason for it to be that way. At least in my mind...just not written down.

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:23:39 pm »
*Squints at her map.* Well geez, never mind then! *Snickers* :P

Boxcar

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 04:51:57 pm »
Never mind it is!   :D

Quote from: Acacea
*Squints at her map.* Well geez, never mind then! *Snickers* :P

anything