NWN Discussions and Suggestions > Implemented Ideas

Server Status

(1/7) > >>

orth:
A thought occurred ... *watches as people duck for cover* I know GMs get additional information when looking at the server status re locations of characters, deity info, level splits, etc ... and also when a GMN is on a server. Is there any reason why this is not shown to players? I know players can see when GMs are on at the login screen but maybe, for some folks, the decision to play Layo (or pursue some other activity) is made when checking the server status. People might be more inclined to jump in-game when a GM is online thinking there is at least some chance of GM interaction? You can come out from cover now. *waits until Dorg has left whatever shelter he'd been hiding behind* Ha! Fooled ya! I also want poison duration extended further! :)

Alatriel:
Actually, regarding server status, I would like to see all levels and classes removed.  I would like CR's removed from the examine feature as well.

Script Wrecked:

--- Quote from: Alatriel ---I would like CR's removed from the examine feature as well.
--- End quote ---

So we can die more often? :p

RollinsCat:

--- Quote from: Script Wrecked ---So we can die more often? :p
--- End quote ---

*grins* My first thought but on consideration I think she means from pc cons only (am I right?).

I could get behind removing the color/status from the con of other players, to break down the barriers for those people who might in the back of their mind think "they're too high level for me".

but removing them from creatures bad. bad bad!

as far as adding/removing information from server status, it depends on your playstyle and whether you're in the mood for a group or in the mood for rp or whatever, so I'm meh on it. I like seeing class and numbers myself.

Alatriel:
no, actually I want them removed from everywhere.  If it means you die more often... *shrugs*  if it means you solo less often... that would be good.  If you don't know how hard things are anymore before you attack them, then you take less risks, and take out a party.  Also, I want the list of buffs removed from the examine features.  I don't think people should be able to examine things and know exactly which spells they have cast on them, if they've got low stats, etc.  I think removing these things would make it so you would have to rp things out more rather than just using mechanical knowledge as ic knowledge.

but yes, also from PC's.  Because it would cut down on players rping levels instead of rping their characters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version