First off, thank you to everyone for quickly reporting the bugs and having patience as we work through the kinks. This was a significant update and there was bound to be some niggling issues here and there.
Now some random notes.
- The old 1.69 server will continue to run for a while as we make sure everything's okay and there's no need to fall back to it or log in on that end to check something. Characters who continue to play on 1.69 will be able to be migrated by hand.
- There may be some changes to lore to open up some of the areas that are currently inaccessible.
- For the most part, I will be dealing with the administrative end of things for NWN now. Dorganath and rowana are still accessible but they're more in the background.
- Project team members will be welcome should you have interest in building new areas or contributing in other ways.
- All old information has been ported to https://wiki.layonara.com but we need to add structure. Use the search functionality if you're looking for something.
- There will be another bonus period starting soon.
- If you're having trouble accessing your characters from the vault, create a test character and let me know the name of your test character and I will move your PCs over
- The address is ee.layonara.com:5121, we'll also show up under the server listing
A further note on Layonara lore
Layonara's lore is a bit muddled with general staleness as the time has passed, among other things. We ask that you do your best to work with what you know right now. Things may have to change a bit to suit some planned improvements to NWN, so please do your best to work with what's necessary for you to enjoy your time here. The future you create through NWN will still be decided by you the player, but for the most part, that will stay as NWN lore. It may so happen that canon Layonara lore will diverge through other outlets and production in the future, but that doesn't mean NWN Layonara is not true. Much like comic book timelines, it's all true and meant to be enjoyed.
If you have any questions on this or any other things, feel free to let me know.
All the best,