The Layonara Community > Important Layonara Announcements

Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

<< < (3/18) > >>

orth:

--- Quote from: jadewillow on March 28, 2019, 09:55:34 pm ---Definitely try to run it on your current system and see how it performs.  Alternatively, look at Ubuntu which it appears NWN EE runs on natively. Then I would use Wine to run your on-prem Office software. No costs above the NWN EE costs.

--- End quote ---

This is all good advice if XP doesn't work out. That's what I run as my NWN:EE client, Ubuntu 18. And for all my office suite I use Libreoffice.

Ke' Koa:

--- Quote from: jadewillow on March 28, 2019, 09:55:34 pm ---Definitely try to run it on your current system and see how it performs.  Alternatively, look at Ubuntu which it appears NWN EE runs on natively. Then I would use Wine to run your on-prem Office software. No costs above the NWN EE costs.

--- End quote ---

I didn't have much luck with wine to play Diamond, but I found a slick program called "Porting Kit" that uses wine wrappers but it's all tweaked for the game.  Hope it helps...

Lindel:
I'm down to help test! I own Steam PC version and yeah just @ me on discord!

WarriorOfTheLance:
I only run linux.... so I run nwn original on linux natively, as well as Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Digital Delux (x2) on my machine (you can run about 10 copies of the game before you can start to slow down a geforce 1070). I've got an optiplex 745 slim i use as a server, you can play nwn on it run 2 nwn servers, and possibly EE on it if you buy a slim card. not sure if you have the slim models or not

--- Quote ---Wonder if cheaper to buy Win7 (x2) and two graphics cards?  We'd need miscrosoft office for Word and Excell.

--- End quote ---
I would -not- buy windows 7, you're going to end up in the same situation down the road. Windows 7 is near it's EOL... If i was you I'd get Lubuntu (you don't want to run unity on that old hardware trust me) and run vmware for your M$ office suite. you can install and run windows xp and your office using virtual box or vmware or qemu.
you can run MS office in wine, and Excell. Open office can handle anything they put out I believe, but I wouldn't use Open Office, I'd use libreoffice

WarriorOfTheLance:

--- Quote from: Ke' Koa on March 28, 2019, 10:58:20 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I didn't have much luck with wine to play Diamond, but I found a slick program called "Porting Kit" that uses wine wrappers but it's all tweaked for the game.  Hope it helps...

--- End quote ---

Wine runs diamond out of the box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version