The Layonara Community > Important Layonara Announcements

Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

(1/18) > >>

orth:
A lot more details to come.

Expected migration is a couple of weeks, could be sooner, could be later, may depend on testing but there are administrative tasks that need to be performed as well.

Speaking of testing though, I'm going to need testers so if you have EE already and want to help test please raise your hand in this thread. You will need to be accessible via Discord to help test.

Again, I'll have a post(s) in this thread with a lot more information but I wanted to start with an official heads up and let people know if they don't yet have EE it will be needed soon.

Ke' Koa:
I have it on both PC and Mac, I'll test it!!!

davidhoff:
It says on some of the NWN EE descriptions that you need an OS of windows 7 or higher.  So, my brother and I only run windows XP right now...is that gona be a problem?

orth:

--- Quote from: davidhoff on March 27, 2019, 05:39:41 pm ---It says on some of the NWN EE descriptions that you need an OS of windows 7 or higher.  So, my brother and I only run windows XP right now...is that gona be a problem?

--- End quote ---

Yes. If you're still running XP I also worry about your graphics cards too. NWN:EE will support 10 year old type hardware but not 20 and the same goes for the software drivers needed. I don't know what your hardware is so I can't comment on the upgrade path or cost. Nor do I know what else you use your PCs for but if you want to continue on with Layonara you're going to have to upgrade to at least Win7 or move to Linux or if it's in your budget consider an altogether new (refurb) machine, even something like this will suffice.

davidhoff:
Thanks for the link and info.

We run Dell Optiplex GX 280's right now with Pentium(R) 4 CPU, 2.8GHz, 1.99GB Ram (Ram was upgraded a little by us).  Our graphics cards are original equipment; Intel(R) 82915G, Express Chipset Family.

Wonder if cheaper to buy Win7 (x2) and two graphics cards?  We'd need miscrosoft office for Word and Excell.

We use our computers for light business (Word, Excell, Quickbooks) and casual internet surfing and email.  Probably Layo is the biggest draw.

We'll look into our options some more.  $189 (from your link) for a new system doesn't seem to bad considering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version