The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition  (Read 30611 times)

davidhoff

Re: Layonara is soon to be migrating to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2019, 02:06:23 pm »
Yeah nwn ee is a totally new game but its pretty much the same thing with tweaks.  You'll need to buy it and install it.  It will be a separate game than your old nwn 169 game.  Its a pretty long download.  Once u get it running Orth can port your chars over.  Best of luck and Jil needs to get IG and give Kal and Sehks some lessons!

Hellblazer

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2019, 02:13:38 pm »
I have the Platinum version.  Guess that's not good enough? And if I have to purchase the EE, is it just going to overwrite updated files or totally reinstall the full version again in another file? Lost and confused … (yeah, always been that way :P )

First; Woot!!!!

Second; purchase it either through steam or GoG. Don’t update it to the 64 bit client yet. Then create a test character under the account name you want to use, once everything is installed. At that time Orth will move all the toon over from your previous accounts.

davidhoff

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2019, 03:47:41 pm »
Also it will be helpful for you if you can get on discord bc more folks there to respond to questions and quicker response time

The following users thanked this post: Jilseponie Wyndon, Hellblazer

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2019, 08:09:48 pm »
Get msg stating client and server versions do not match.  Only place I see a version number is on the Options screen and there is a v74.8166 in upper right corner.  Suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:15:25 pm by Jilseponie Wyndon »

orth

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2019, 10:31:17 pm »
Get msg stating client and server versions do not match.  Only place I see a version number is on the Options screen and there is a v74.8166 in upper right corner.  Suggestions?

Weird, where did you get that version of NWN:EE? You should have 78.8186

davidhoff

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2019, 12:40:36 am »
*nods and puts his hand on orth's shoulder*

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2019, 10:45:02 am »
NWN:EE I got as a torrent download and upon further research, there have been 4 patch updates. The torrents for those have extremely small seeder counts and hard to find. The game plays fine. I have 2 of the 4 update patches, just wasn't sure which one Layo was on.

Hellblazer

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2019, 02:07:56 pm »
Not going to talk about the legality at hand here ;) but from what I know, you wouldn't be able to use it anyways because the codes required for the game are not the same as the diamonds ones. Although I could be wrong there. Both Steam and GOG have the game at 23$.

anything