The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Solicitation for some donations  (Read 11144 times)

orth

Solicitation for some donations
« on: May 19, 2020, 06:04:18 pm »
Hey all,

As some of you know I was recently laid off and coupled with a sickness I've had for the past while I've not been able to do much so I was wondering if I could ask if you can spare a few dollars to pay for the servers I'd appreciate it. They only cost $14 a month but any bit helps. If you can please visit https://paypal.me/layonara - thanks so much.

I know I have some queries asked by the community but my brain is pretty mushy so I'm trying to stay in bed, but the bills are eating away a bit and I hate to do it but was hoping for a little help.

Thanks so much,
James

The following users thanked this post: Eldoran, Lord of the Forest, Chazzler, Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, Lily, willhoff

davidhoff

Re: Solicitation for some donations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 07:08:20 pm »
Get better James!  We're praying for you.  We covered June.

The following users thanked this post: Lord of the Forest, Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, Lily, willhoff

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:46 pm »
Heya James,

Hope you get better soon.

You have my support for the server.  I have covered July and august .
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:02:44 am by Hellblazer »

The following users thanked this post: Lord of the Forest, Ke' Koa, Xiaobeibi, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

Ke' Koa

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 11:04:56 pm »
Sending some now....  Get to feeling better soon, would love to see you around.

- Phil

The following users thanked this post: Lord of the Forest, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:32:18 am »
Get well!

The following users thanked this post: Lord of the Forest, Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 01:47:51 pm »
Get well again soon! Lily and I also got together and sent some € your way. We hope you do not mind foreign currency ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:50:06 pm by Lord of the Forest »

The following users thanked this post: Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:11 pm »
I got a great exchange rate USD to Canadian? *shrug* Get well soon!
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

ChrysEllis

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 11:16:41 am »
Hey James,

I don't know what month this will cover, but I pitched in, as well.  Thanks for keeping Layo up.  Hope you start to feel better soon, and work returns quickly.

Lane

The following users thanked this post: Ke' Koa, Xiaobeibi, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

Serissa

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 01:22:34 pm »
Hope you feel better soon!

Martha & Rick Gerse  (Ferrit & Jako)

The following users thanked this post: Ke' Koa, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, davidhoff, willhoff

Ke' Koa

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 07:43:27 pm »
Was wondering if you were still good for covering the server costs?

orth

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 04:56:38 am »
Thanks for all the help folks. It was quite a nice boost and I'm doing okay. Starting to get back in the swing of things and hoping to move forward to get Layonara on the latest NWN and perhaps change some of the dynamics of entry into the world....

The following users thanked this post: Eldoran, Serissa, cbnicholson, Hellblazer, Xiaobeibi, willhoff

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 06:23:47 am »
About the entry dynamics, can we have a discussion with the current player base and see if we can get to something everybody likes, or as close as possible?

Riven

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 02:12:33 pm »
Sorry to hear that Covid's been such a beast for you and many (my biz too). Happy to chip in a bit. Hopefully, I'll have windows to play soon! Thank you for all you do for the Layo community!!!

The following users thanked this post: orth, Hellblazer

Brutus_Clawfoot

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 12:26:38 am »
 I’ll pitch in if I can get back in.  I’ll be playing EE on my iPad

eltalstroneves

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 06:54:21 pm »
Hi James,

Is there another method to donate other than Paypal? They want a whopping great fee which I'd rather go to Layo.

Regards,
Eltalstro
"By my mother's beard!"
Wanark Thangahaz'a

orth

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 10:31:33 pm »
Hi James,

Is there another method to donate other than Paypal? They want a whopping great fee which I'd rather go to Layo.

Regards,
Eltalstro

Nothing I can think of off hand, that's a shame they charge high fees for you. Either way, we're doing okay, many donators have helped so we're covered for a good year at least :D

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Serissa, eltalstroneves, davidhoff