The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Giant Fort Area  (Read 1005 times)

orth

Giant Fort Area
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:39:05 pm »
The Giant Fort Area  on Mistone   has several 'bugged tiles'  : hostile creatures cannot be targeted and they in turn do not attack. (at least until they randomly move to a 'good' tile.There are two locations  this occurs. first one encountered  is  to the right of the entrance to the 'inner' fort' .  This affects 2-3  'normal' giants.Far more serious is inside the Fort.The two 'specialmegagiants'  are affected as well as the rockthrower to the left.  Which giants here are affected seems  more random,  sometimes one, two, three ,none. I'm sure it is affected by when they spawn and the amount of time that transpires until you enter the inner part .It is far too dangerous to travel there (in my opinion) as you cannot be cetain of the behavior you might encounter  and therefor strategize appropriately. On a recent trip there one of the megagiants was my prime target to kill except he was unable to be targeted.I was then engaged by  another giant in melee.  The one that could not be targeted apparently moved to normal tile and instantly hit me with some very nasty stuff. Thank You  

The following users thanked this post: Ravemore

Dorganath

Could you be a little more
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:29:34 pm »

Could you be a little more specific about the location of this issue? There are multiple places on Mistone which have giants.

cbnicholson

Sounds like the Cloud Giant
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 07:59:48 pm »

Sounds like the Cloud Giant Fort next to the oil of Vukas to me.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Charm2009

Me too. One side goes to
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:23:08 pm »

Me too. One side goes to Lynn, the other side to the Giant Fortress in the clouds. Those areas have been bugged since creation. There is another area going that way, at the foot of a ladder with ogres, that are the same way. I should be on later tonight, I can run the gaunlet and give specific area titles.

Olme

Yes , the Cloud Giant
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:56:49 pm »

Yes , the Cloud Giant Fortress near Lyn,  near the Oil of Vukas.

And yes, as Charm said there are bugged tiles also in the area before  reaching the Oil of Vukas area.  Last encounter area  going toward Lyn. Ogres in that one.

Acacea

Hammerbound Peaks,* -all but
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:01 pm »
Hammerbound Peaks,* -all but Storans use Rocky Mountains. Buuut any area with bloodmonkey's mountains (whatever set they appear in - part of Rocky Mountains is also in Seasonal Forest etc) is buggy when it comes to encounters. You can't even target yourself, at times. It's not really the area per se (as far as I know) so much as the tileset terrain...

I know there are a couple other mountainous sets, but they don't really serve as direct replacements and I haven't seen this one updated in millenia unless it is in a private set. I am not sure how to fix it/if it is fixable, only make them less irritating in design. Which is sad as many a death has come from being unable to heal your buddies in combat, hehe. Sorry this is nonhelpful commentary, not to say someone else would be unable to fix. I have not looked at it in years.

Charm2009

Hammerbound Peaks - Conflict
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 01:05:49 am »

Hammerbound Peaks - Conflict Lands. Second screen in from Storan's crypt on the SW corner of the map at the base of the stairs.
Hammerbound Peaks - Giant Fort. Majority of the area inside the fort and some areas outside the fort, all on the same screen.

orth

Fixed in next update.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 09:38:52 pm »

Fixed in next update.

anything